Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Job Position: Geographic Information Systems Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Reporting To: Geographic Information Systems Coordinator
- Designing, implementing, customizing, and maintaining Utility (electricity) specific GIS.
- Providing quality control with regard to discipline-specific in-house data capture (data conversion), the evaluation of data acquired from the field, and network database construction.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating the Business Unit GIS databases for planning, monitoring, and decision-making purposes.
- Manipulating GIS data to create information products to meet electricity distribution and marketing needs.
- Developing and applying GIS analysis solutions to meet the overall business needs.
- Serving as the GIS technical lead and point of contact on GIS and related matters at the BU level.
- Capture GIS data in different formats using GPS, electronic data recorders, digitizers, and other means.
- Download, convert and upload GIS data available from internal and external sources to make them user-friendly.
- Catalog and inventory GIS data, including metadata creation.
- Input, update and maintain GIS databases, including backups and also maintaining linkages to other databases.
- Perform GIS spatial analyses.
- Capture and update network data as regards new or previously uncaptured customers, network components, and so on.
- Create map layouts and views and generate maps and reports.
- Develop new applications and train others in the use of these applications.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geographical Science or Electrical Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience desirable in basic GIS and Windows operations, internet mapping technology, and implementing an enterprise GIS.
- Network Location Mapping
- Network Data Analysis Management
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
17th July 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online