ipNX Nigeria Limited is one of Nigeria’s fastest growing Information and Communications Technology companies. In our business, we connect everything – people, information, and services. We are specialized in network connectivity, and delivery of internet, telephony, television as well as cloud-based software application services to corporate and residential customers.
Job Position: GIS Specialist
Job Location: Lagos
- The GIS Specialist position is a geospatial information data analyst role provides that harvests and analyzes varied large geospatial datasets to gain insight and propose recommendations therefrom.
- The role supports the drive to acquire capability for large scale management and operation of fibre outside and inside plant infrastructure assets through its life cycle of producing both operational and strategic plans and designs, deployment, service provisioning, maintenance and general administration.
- The role will primarily manage specific GIS applications and infrastructure that has been acquired and deployed so that value can continually be derived to support competitive business objectives.
- Develop deep insights into geospatial relationships and dependencies in order to proactively meet customer needs.
Expected Key Results
- Effective GIS operations
- GIS Modeling & Analysis
- GIS working knowledge dissemination
- Incisive GIS-Based Reporting
- Support diverse GIS business application areas
- Degree in Computer Science, Geoinformatics, Geography, Surveying, Engineering or related field
- Extensive knowledge and ability to perform a diverse array of complex GIS related work
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R and Python
- Experience with GPS measuring tools
- Outstanding quantitative skill set, attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, be able to multitask, think intuitively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good project management skills and possess troubleshooting ability
- Considerable knowledge and experience of automated mapping and information processing methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience of the capabilities of automated mapping and geographic information processing systems
- Considerable knowledge and experience of cartographic principles, automated mapping, geographic information system (GIS) database design and structure
- Considerable knowledge and experience of geographic information system (GIS) hardware and software components, data communication and network methods and techniques
- Considerable knowledge and experience to prepare a variety of correspondence and complex reports
- Considerable experience in using spreadsheet and CAD applications like Microsoft Excel and LibreCalc, AutoCAD and FreeCAD, etc
- Customer Focus
- Tech savvy
- Action orientation
- Drive results
- Cultivate Innovation
- Ability to optimize work processes
- Self Development
- Nimble Learning
30th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online