Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
Job Position: Global Head of People
Job Location: Nigeria
- We are seeks an exceptional People leader to help us define the 21st century digital workplace as part of our mission to be the best software company in an open source world. Experience of leading a Global People team within the Technology sector is essential to this role, along with significant exposure to Senior Leadership teams and C-Suite level. We are looking for an analytical approach, a keen eye for detail and sharpness interpreting data trends and themes.
- As a leading tech company, Canonical is at the forefront of the enterprise shift to open source and developer-led innovation. We are also a pioneer in remote work, one of the first companies to embrace the idea of a true level playing field for software talent. We recruit on a global basis and set an exceptionally high benchmark for our future talent. You will lead a global team to drive productivity, career development, effectiveness and happiness across our remote-first globally distributed company. This is an exciting opportunity in a pre-IPO business, providing huge scope for the role as we prepare for the demands of being a public company.
- Our People team thinks and acts globally. We have 1,000 colleagues across 65 countries. Work here at Canonical is a step into the future, and will challenge you to think differently, work smarter, learn new skills, and raise your game.
- Work with Canonical’s CEO & COO to define our long term global People strategy
- Lead innovation and execution in talent planning, succession, assessments and HR processes
- Shape performance management, organisational design and workforce planning
- Drive employee engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Lead research to understand the trends shaping the ways our employees work
- Use data to increase productivity across a global, remote first, organisation
- Deliver compliant HR operations in a timely manner and with the highest degree of accuracy
- Oversee our HR technology landscape, driving automation and process improvements
- Ensure our employee value proposition remains relevant, attractive and meaningful
- Professional qualification in Human Resources (CIPD/SHRM etc)
- Experience of leading a Global People function in the Technology sector is essential, with demonstrable experience of implementing people initiatives that have taken an organisation through a significant period of growth (500 to 1,000+ for example, or even much larger scale)
- Proven experience of operating at C-Suite level
- Deep knowledge and practical application of HR practices and employment law
- HR policy exposure across our three major regions: EMEA, APAC and Americas
- Strong proficiency in data and analytics with evidence that these delivered effective and positive business results
- Fluent in business English
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online