Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
Job Position: Global Partnerships Manager
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos (Hybrid)
- Flutterwave is looking for a Manager, Global Expansion & Payment Partnerships, in Nigeria who will manage the expansion and partnership strategy in the selected markets.
- This role also involves collaborating with our Regulatory team to handle regulatory and stakeholder management, as well as settlement and treasury operations.
- In addition to partnership responsibilities, this position includes people management responsibilities, requiring strong leadership skills to build and lead a high-performing team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify expansion countries and rationale; develop expansion strategies for outlined markets (Yearly with quarterly refresh/re-alignment)
- Determine method of Expansion (geographical or payment type)
- Conduct/Commission Market Study to outline payment landscape and requirements for launch
- Recruitment of local resources in the identified countries (As required)
- Execute Country Strategy (As required)
- License Applications
- Identify, Secure, and Manage Partnerships for local payment type enablement
- Develop business plans for the countries.
- Identify and locate potential partnerships in the selected markets (as needed)
- Negotiate rates, review, and execute contractual agreements with identified partners (as required)
- Collaborate with the Project Optimization Manager to develop and launch integrations with identified partners (as required)
- Effectively manage relationships with partners and relevant stakeholders (as required)
- Recruit, onboard, and lead a team of partnership professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Create living documents on partnership landscape and review periodically to identify gaps
- Work with the Project Optimization Manager to schedule periodic partner check-ins to review partnership activity (transaction success rates, etc.), resolve bottlenecks and brainstorm how to grow partnership.
- Work with the Regulatory team to build/foster a relationship with regulators where applicable
- Secure necessary payment licenses/permits for all planned services
- Ensure funds move efficiently across service lines, and are in line with local regulations and terms of partnerships
- Build recruitment and retention plans for the region.
- Build KPIs for all partnership resources within the region
- Monthly 1:1s with direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field; MBA is a plus.
- At least 7 years of regional working experience with demonstrated skills in negotiation and decision making.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with a track record of building and leading successful teams.
- In-depth knowledge and technical understanding of the organization’s strategy & business, product, and service offerings.
- Very good knowledge of local and global industry dynamics including regulation, legislation, and operating environment.
- Very good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and their impact on business.
- Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written)
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Excellent project management skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online