Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
- Job Position: Government Affairs & Public Policy Manager
- Job Location: Lagos Nigeria
- As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions.
- You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects, and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
- Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges.
- The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators, and third parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders.
- While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Engage directly with Nigerian policymakers, industry players, and key opinion formers to shape policy and political dialogue on thoughtful, responsible technology policy and the beneficial impact it can contribute to society and the economy.
- Develop and implement advocacy/policy campaigns in relevant policy areas that impact Google and the web.
- Engage with trade associations, industry partners, NGOs, and others to support policies that will help create/maintain the web open.
- Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues considering how Google should work with allied organizations and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with or in government, politics, or a regulatory agency.
- Experience engaging directly with politicians, decision-makers, academia, think tanks, business associations, and NGOs.
- Experience with the Pan African regional blocks (e.g. Africa Union, ECOWAS).
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web (Key issues include technology innovation, content regulation, privacy, safety, data protection).
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaborator with novel ideas, energy, determination, and a passion for the Internet.
- Ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that nonexperts can understand.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online