At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities, and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body, and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science, and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
- Job Position: GPH Vx Medical Affairs Manager
- Requisition ID: 2105902781W
- Job Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
- Organization: J & J Company West Africa Limited (8447)
- Job Function: R&D
- Contract: Permanent
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
- Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high-quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life.
- Empowering families and communities to live healthy, productive lives and create healthier futures inspires Johnson & Johnson’s long-standing commitment to making life-changing and sustainable differences in global public health. We focus on improving maternal, newborn, and child health, addressing global health challenges such as multi-drug resistant TB, HIV, vaccines (COVID 19 and Ebola), worm-based infections, and obstetric fistula, and long bone fracture.
- We bring science and technology expertise, research and development capabilities, and our global resources to develop treatments and cures, deliver lifesaving prevention and care and design smart policies that help pave the way for large-scale, long-term solutions. Together, with governments, non-governmental organizations, implementing groups, industry partners, and non-profit foundations, we partner on innovative approaches to make a difference for people everywhere to build the foundations of lasting health.
- At the Africa region and or country level, this role will be responsible for developing and conducting medical activities within the scientific premises and provide cross-departmental strategic guidance in line with company strategies and goals.
- External Relations: Opinion Leaders, Healthcare Professionals, Clinical Trial Personnel, Organization Providers, Advertising Agencies, Health Authorities, Patient Organizations, and Specialty Associations.
- Is a member of the Africa regional / country Vaccines Triad. Works actively to develop new strategies and improve existing ones for Vaccines. For this purpose, collects and consolidates the necessary medical data and provides input to team meetings by providing scientific data to top ethical standards. Keeps scientific data up-to-date.
- Works cross-departmentally to consolidate strategy for Vaccines.
- Provides scientific input to preparatory work for market research, planned for conducting marketing strategies.
- Ensures medical aspects of company strategies and practices are compliant with Health Care business Integrity, national and global ethical procedures.
- Organizes medical training events and ensures these are compliant with HCBI, national and international ethical procedures, as well as company and marketing strategies.
- Plays an active role in determining and organizing medical programs (e.g. training programs, international/national congress participation, advisory board meetings, courses, disease awareness programs), follows upon them, and assesses their results. Records data into iConnect and compiles of monthly reports, in line with the applicable procedures.
- Participates in medical training activities, contributing to the achievement of product plans.
- Develops and executes, follows upon, and assesses the results of training for field force to equip them with sufficient and essential medical information.
- Plans and executes training, to ensure continuity of training programs.
- Collects and evaluates scientific data on competitive products/product groups, and updates own product groups to effectively guide marketing strategies and activities.
- Maintains continuous contact with opinion leaders through scientific platforms like national/international congresses and medical education activities. Coordinates with regional and or country-level opinion leaders, associations, and health authorities for developing medical education activities. Makes visits to maintain constant contact with physicians as planned on Vinci, giving clinical presentations to share product information.
- Provides medical support for updating SmPC/package leaflet of registered products or for developing SmPC/package leaflet for prior to registration, and input to reimbursement efforts. Develops the medical content of reimbursement files.
- Collaborates closely with the other GPH Africa Vaccines Triad members (Access and Health Systems Lead and Program Liasion), Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, Marketing, and Business Development, holding regular meetings with them to support continuous improvement and development, and providing a product- and disease-related scientific data.
- Provides medical assistance to the development of promotional materials. Checks all product-/disease-related materials to verify their consistency, scientific accuracy, and validity, and ensures scientific content of promotional materials is compliant with HCBI policies and local regulations. Participates in and supports activities to promote the company and products.
- Receives and follows up on drug safety information from physicians and forwards it to the qualified person responsible for pharmacovigilance in line with the applicable rules.
- Contributes to practices and action plans by PV and quality assurance teams regarding drug quality and safety issues reported by local or global sources.
- Reviews and responds to requests from the field force or physicians, falling within the area of responsibility and records them in med-info.
- Thinks proactively about potential objections/issues related to products, taking into consideration feedback from field force or physicians, investigates them, and contributes to solving them.
- Set up clinical studies including real-world evidence generation (identifying investigators, selecting centers, investigator meetings, joint visits, identifying the congresses/magazines for presenting the data, etc.), supports establishing communication with investigators as part of clinical investigation activities.
- Plays an active role in developing local research protocols, in addition to global protocols. Coordinates with clinical investigation teams for adapting these protocols.
- Supports and coordinates with the Global Therapy Area Manager for reviewing posters, clinical study abstracts, and manuscripts for local studies.
- Coordinates with the clinical investigation team on NPP, research support. Contributes to the approval process.
- Plays an active role in the development, management, and follow-up of the medical budget for relevant products.
- Provides the necessary scientific support for pipeline products to be included in the portfolio of responsibility and plays an active role in the activities.
- Plays an active role in product launch preparations, enhances communication with target physician groups, and coordinates robustly with opinion leaders/associations/health authorities for medical positioning of products and determining appropriate strategies. Plays an active role in training and medical activity planning and execution.
- Regional / Country: Africa for all Vaccines (Covid, Ebola, HIV) in 42 countries. Member of the GPH Vaccines team
- In coordination with the broader GPH Medical and External Affairs organization, interaction and engage with regional bodies, authorities, and organizations, SAGE, NITAG, WHO and national department of health to ensure access to Vaccines
We’d love to hear from YOU if you have:
- Medical or Science Degree
- Industry experience required
- Vaccine experience preferred
- Experience in providing and managing medical training required
- Good command of the English language
- Competency in using MS Office applications required
- Analytical thinking required
- Result orientation required
- Strong cross-cultural and teamwork skills are required
- Experience working in cross-functional teams required
- Ability to operate in an evolving ecosystem, helping to establish new approaches or solutions is required
- Sound ethical judgment and integrity and an ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively lead internal and external audiences to desired outcomes is required
- The ability to advance on multiple priorities under pressure is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online