Youth Foundation for Development, Education & Leadership (YouthhubAfrica) is a non-profit organization founded in 2011. YouthhubAfrica is a platform for young people in Africa involved in social change to interact, learn and collaborate in new, creative and easy ways. It was registered in Nigeria with the CAC in 2014. YHA is a youth advocacy and policy-oriented organization based in Abuja, Nigeria, but programming into Africa and beyond.
Job Position: Account Officer
- The job holder will process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting and financial documents such as invoices, departmental billings, employee reimbursements, bank reconciliation, cash receipts, vendor statements, and journal vouchers; review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits and prepare reports; compile and review the information for accuracy, and maintain records.
- Improve the accounting and financial policies to ensure the financial security and integrity of the organisation.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly reports and financial statements by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Reports include Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position, Cash Book, Bank Reconciliation Statements and other relevant reports.
- Maintain Payroll records of all staff including making Pension and PAYE Remittances.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information into the office Accounting Software.
- Prepare and Manage the office Budget as well as Donor-Budgets- ensure that the office operates at all times in accordance with donor-specific and organizational finance rules and regulations.
- Cash flow forecasting and management by ensuring that funds are spent in line with approved budgets.
- Oversee the processing of invoices from vendors/suppliers, Payments received staff retirements in line with the correct code, date and authenticated authorization.
- Prepare Transaction Listings before journals are posted.
- Proper filing/archiving of financial reports online and offline.
- Prepare schedules and make timely remittance of statutory deductions to relevant authorities.
- Ensure that funds advanced are retired with full supporting documents that are authentic and complete.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements, policies and regulations by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Degree in Accounting relevant field of study (a Master degree will be an added advantage)
- Chartered Accountant
- Fluency in English, including exceptional written English
- High level of computer literacy (Word and Excel Essential)
- Ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment
- Prior experience in an NGO is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Accounting Software, especially QuickBooks will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
23rd May 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated CV (No longer than 3 pages) and a cover letter to: [email protected] with “Account Officer” as the subject of the mail.