The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
- Job Position: HR Intern
- Reference No.: req14434
- Job Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- Sector: Human Resources
- Employment Category: Intern
- Open to Expatriates: No
Background / IRC Summary
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to survivors of natural disasters, oppression and violent conflict in some 40 countries. IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation, creative partnerships, and assists people from harm to home.
IRC began working in Nigeria in October 2012 in response to a widespread flood disaster. Since then, IRC has expanded its program scope and size with the aiming of making the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states in North-East Nigeria. IRC’s response includes integrated health, reproductive health and nutrition services, protection including women’s protection and empowerment services and child protection, environmental health, economic recovery and development, governance, and education. In 2015, IRC Nigeria developed a five-year Strategy Action Plan (SAP), which has health and education as high priority program areas.
- Under the coaching and supervision of HR Officer, the HR and Admin Intern will provide necessary support to HR/Admin team Yobe by Helping in Filing, Scanning, and and photocopying of Documents.
- Documentation of new hires and file management
- Support with tracking of leave, time sheet and exit documents.
- Support with Scanning documents and updating the online staff database.
- Support with Filing, labelling of all files accordingly of hard copies of staff documents.
- Support with compilation of Health Insurance and Life Insurance Documents for Yobe staff.
- Support in the supervision of cooks and cleaners
- Assist in coordinating booking and tracking of travels and accommodation as well & documentation of payment documents.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: HR Officer
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Indirect Reporting: HR Manager.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:.
- Internal: HR and Admin team
- External: N/A
- Education: B.Sc / BA or HND in Social Sciences
- Work Experience: Fresh graduate who has completed NYSC and residing in Yobe.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Good computer skills (Excel and word).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Certificates or Licenses:
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- The security situation in Yobe is calm. There is active conflict in many parts of the country and a possibility for further expansion of the conflict and violence into other areas and other states.