MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses, and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired, and proud as you become a part of something big.
- Job Position: Inventory Management Officer
- Job Location: Lagos
- Job Type: Permanent
- Department: Finance
The job responsibilities of the Procurement and Inventory Officer whom we will train to bring up to speed will include the following:
- Coordinate the accurate completion of purchase requisitions from user units within the Technical department and other Non-Technical functions;
- Receive and review all requisitions for the purchase of technical and non-technical items, ensuring they are properly approved and within budget;
- Source, process and coordinate the analysis of valid quotations/ tenders for approved items;
- Engage in negotiations with suppliers/ vendors (with the approval of the Procurement Manager or Head, Procurement and coordinate the issuance of purchase orders, after due approvals have been obtained;
- Ensure all purchase orders are authorized by management, dispatched to vendors for acknowledgment and file with supporting documents;
- Review vendor invoices and ensures they are in line with PO and contract terms.
- Manage contracts and agreements effectively according to agreed terms and processing renewals when due.
- Coordinate and manage the cost of sales requirements from the requesting units/departments;
- Support the implementation of inventory management policies and procedures, upon due approval by the Head, Procurement, and relevant authorities within the organization;
- Receive, record, review and oversee proper documentation of all technical stock (technical department items);
- Maintain an updated inventory records management system ;
- Be abreast of the latest inventory management and material handling tools, technology, and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate authorization for the release of stocks as well as proper documentation for relocation of items;
- Proactively track the movement of inventory items from one location to another;
- Update system records of items against physical balances.
- Receive all inventory items ordered, match with PO, and update the inventory records regularly;
- Conduct periodic demand planning to determine needs and requirements for goods and services
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, or Science related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-2 years post-NYSC experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management and/or Finance environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent numeric and analytical skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS office suite.
- Good sourcing and negotiation skills.
- Integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Ability to define and understand technical requirements.
- Good working knowledge of data processing and management.
- Ability to work and deliver promptly within tight timelines with minimal supervision.
- Good working knowledge of ERP system.
Demands of the Job:
- Good accounting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can work on-call during weekends.
- Apply best practice bench-marking.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online