Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Job Title: IT Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The position holder is responsible to provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the IT Officer.
Dimension of Role
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- IT operational plans
- Security and access control for data and network devices
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards, design and architecture
- Escalates incidents to ITO support or local external support contacts as appropriate
- Fulfil other tasks set out by supervisors.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems.
- Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks
- Proven ability to setup and configure Microsoft Outlook
- Familiar with Microsoft Server Administration and Windows Operating System
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Manage customer relationships and service
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Promotes high performance by all staff
- Networking, sharing information and best practices
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability.
11th December, 2020.