AFN Brokers Limited was incorporated on the 29th September, 1989, with registration Number RC 138020 and Licenced as a full fledged Insurance Broking outfit in 1991, transacting all classes of Insurance Broking and Consultancy services. We at AFN Brokers Limited have a culture of creating values for our Customers. We are reputed for providing qualitative Insurance and Risk Management service to our clients in diverse areas of operation.
Our Philosophy is to maintain high ethical standard in all our dealings with honesty of purpose at all times. Our operation is well structured and we are well positioned to provide excellent services to our local customers and international partners.
Job Position: Accountant (Graduate Trainee)
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Controlling the payroll
- Producing an accurate set of month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods
- Preparing profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management
- Assisting in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected room revenue
- Reconciling bank statements
- Ensuring legislation is followed regarding VAT and PAYE
- Chasing late payments, reporting bad debts and keeping a careful eye on the cash flow
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Planning and sometimes delivering training- including inductions for new employees
- Any other duties and specific project work which may be assigned from time to time by the factory Manager.
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers, vendors, and service providers with the purpose of getting high-quality products and services at good bargains.
- Maintain company assets are maintained as at when due, and any other job function that shall be given from time to time.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc. Degree in Accounting, Finance or a relevant Degree.
- Years of experience from 4 years and above.
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a factory/manufacturing environment.
- IT knowledge, as transactions, are usually done through computerized systems, electronic cash tills and so on
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages.
- Analytical and communication skills.
- Unmatched attention to detail as you’ll be preparing detailed financial information for senior management.
- Hands-on experience with Hotel accounting software,Advanced MS Excel skills and pivot tables.
- Experience with general ledger functions.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Ages between 27 to 40 years.
5th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.