Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Position: Graduate Trainee – Intern
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Under the supervision of the Snr HRO, provide operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes in team functional areas, including recruitment, administration, and employee relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- File all documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files daily
- Assist in the scheduling of interviews – set up interview calendar and share with interview panelists.
- Print, package, and file new hire documentation.
- Manage all subject matter and personnel physical files and ensure systematic filing of documents.
- Support in drafting potential hire reference letters to referees and collating reports for candidate’s personnel files.
- Print I D card for staff and process review through the SHRO before distribution or dispatch.
- Assist in preparing staff introductory letters
- Follow up with the processing of travel, accommodation, per diem, and transportation advances for new hires with a finance focal person.
- Assist in filing and tracking of purchase and staffing requisitions.
- Perform other duties as they are identified and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business/Public Administration, or related field with at least a year of experience in the areas outlined.
- Must be Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good interpersonal relationship and be able to use the internet and emails.
- Experience with large complex organizations is required, and familiarity with international NGOs is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks.
- Computer literate and proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, graphics design, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria minimum of 25%.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online