Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Job Position: Grants Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Grants Administration and Management:
- Support the Country’s Business development unit on resource mobilization activities in Plan Nigeria Country office.
- Support the Grants Manager in coordinating, and monitoring the implementation of donor-funded projects and programs
- Managing donor grants transactions effectively and efficiently and ensuring quality reporting
- Support in establishing a grant tracking mechanism in order to effectively follow up grant activities, determine progress
- Support proposal development process by working with program staff, writing budget narratives, editing proposals, and ensuring proper proposal and grant management procedures are followed.
- Ensuring that reports to donors are submitted timely; that reports are coherent and accurate (quarterly, interim or final reports).
- Ensuring that grants are implemented in compliance with Plan International guidelines and relevant donor regulations.
Grants Data Management:
- SAP administration, including regular updates on grant through daily review and monitoring of SAP dash Board.
- Ensure timely set-up of all grants in the SAP system and corresponding modifications effected.
- Maintain and update grant files for assigned portfolio (Soft and Hard Copy files)
- Document and share key compliance issues with Plan International staff and partners setting the ground for compliance management.
- Draft Funding Approval Document and ensure all Funding Agreement Document (FADs) files are updated on a regular basis. This will include the hard copies and soft copies.
- Participate in the onboarding process of new partners, starting from solicitation, pre-award assessment, award and closeout.
- Support the Grants Manger in generating the Income report.
- Provide support to program and finance teams on reporting compliance.
- Provide strategic report(s) on status of grants for decision-making by Management.
- Support with monthly Country Office Pipeline reporting.
Budget & Project Monitoring Activities:
- Coordinate BVA meetings and document action points.
- Participate in annual Budget Preparation at field level.
- Support Budget holders in proposal budget costing and review.
- Support CSOs in Budget preparation and Amendments.
Risk Management, Compliance and Audit:
- Participate in regular audit of PIN’s procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible areas of improvement
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit queries and compliance violations.
- Assess PIN’s operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees, partners and vendors are educated on the latest donor regulations and processes.
Sub-Recipient and Partnership management:
- Participate in due diligence exercise when selecting Partners
- Ensure grantee adherence to PIN and donor funding requirements and provide the information required on donor regulations.
- Manage the compliant close-out of grants awarded by the PIN.
- coordination of timely payment based on approved milestones; work closely with partners to complete any delayed or incomplete milestones.
- A Degree in Development Studies, Business Studies, or Social Science (Master’s degree or equivalent in international affairs, development or related subject will be an added advantage).
- At least five years of experience working in project and/or grants management and proposal/business development/design.
- Experience in developing and interpreting donor budgets.
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to the community.
- Proven ability to develop and write grant proposals and concepts and track record in winning proposals.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Good communicator with strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, cultural and diplomatic skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills with close attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities, meet demanding deadlines and work under pressure in unstable security environments.
- Excellent proven skills in developing, writing grant proposals
- Good research, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective working with and through partners
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- High proficiency in MS office tools (with excellent Microsoft Excel skills).
22nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online