KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a leading indigenous Oil and Gas Servicing firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Position: Group Chief Financial Officer
- Job Location: Lagos
- Sector: Oil and Gas
- We are seeking to fill the role of a Group Chief Finance Officer who is not the typical number-cruncher stereotype but someone who thinks of themselves as more of a strategic player in the company.
- He/she needs to be creative, understand best practices, and know-how to create more value for the company.
Job Description / Skills and Capabilities
- Responsible for coordinating the annual operating plan and oversee the preparation of the annual budget for the divisions and the group and monitor its implementation.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide strategic advice on potential returns and risks to the businesses through analysis of data and financial performance.
- Develop and implement detailed cost management strategies to monitor and control costs Group-wide.
- Participate in the development of the Group’s overall strategic goals and ensure these are cascaded to the different Finance teams across the organization.
- First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration / Management or related discipline.
- Minimum of 17 years works experience with 8 years hands-on experience at senior management in accounting and finance, managing complex strategic issues/minimum of 8 years as a CFO (Preferably in an indigenous oil and gas industry).
- MBA or a Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications such as ICAN or ACCA.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS accounting principles.
- Previous experience in financing and debt structure and proven track record of raising capital from the international market funding environment.
- Strong treasury and cash flow management experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and internal control principles, operational risk evaluation, and governance frameworks.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and commercial acumen with a track record of building up an organization within the oil and gas industry.
- Adept at evaluating investments mergers and acquisitions, business diversifications, and general company growth.
- Strong relationship management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements as well as the ability to translate these into appropriate policies and procedures.
- Able to develop, implement and review as at when due to an ideal capital structure for each of the businesses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online