Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminum, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminum alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organization of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
- Job Position: Head Cook
- Job Location: Sango Ota, Ogun
- Reporting Line: Human Resources Manager
- Direct reports: Junior Cooks & Canteen Staff
- The Head Cook is responsible for all food production, menu development, food purchase specifications and standardized recipes. He/she is also responsible for maintaining the highest professional food quality and hygiene standards throughout the food production process for the factory.
- Collaborate with kitchen personnel in planning and developing recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of factory staff.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis, for special guests and functions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times by always respecting HACCP regulations.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food
- To carry out any other functions that may be assigned by the HR Manager and/or the GM
- First bachelor’s degree / HND in Catering & Hospitality Management / Food and Nutrition
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Catering & Hospitality Management / Hotelier Continental and Local dish experience.
Minimum Competency and Skills Requirements
- Proven experience as a Chef / Cook
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of HACCP regulations
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Planning and organizational skills
- Develops menus, recipes and supervise staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem-solving, team building, planning, and decision making
- Attention to details
8th February 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.