Egbin Power Plc. Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the every rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
- Job Position: Head, MIS & Corporate Strategy
- Job Location: Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos
- Primarily responsible for the development and oversight of the company’s corporate strategies and monitoring performance in order to support business growth objectives whilst also strengthening the business core to develop and maintain best in class position within the industry.
- Identify and analyze key trends within the Global & African power landscape while steering eﬀorts to circumvent threats to the business for management as well as timely insights to various departments.
- Continuously monitor company and market performance to determine if strategies need to be adjusted or new strategies should be introduced.
- Analyze and maximize opportunities through conceptualization and implementation of a competitive business strategy and budget plan
- Development and management of business KPI’s and scorecard to drive a high performing organization aligned with the company’s objectives.
- Gather data, monitor power market trends and economies with a view to analyzing and anticipating changes that will create business opportunities.
- Play the role of a strategy coach to the CEO, COO and other departmental leadership within the business, providing much-needed support in the formulation of individual department strategies.
- Engage and support senior and executive management on numerous fronts in defining and refining global business strategies with a specific focus on designing and implementing new strategic approaches, ides, and processes that will expand and improve the business.
- Drive continuous improvement processes with the implementation of business optimization and re-engineering activities
- Support large-scale enterprise-wide projects that incorporate a proactive and innovative solution to addressing business challenges and achieving organizational goals and objectives
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Coaching and mentoring subordinates and other designated team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in a numerate, business or related discipline
- Post graduate degree in a business or related discipline
- Minimum of 12 – 15 years of cognate experience with at least 5 years in a senior management position
- Knowledge of business analysis/strategy, with industry experience in leading organizations through strategic changes with positive results
- Relevant work experience in similar role with advanced/ extensive knowledge and mastery of relevant theories, principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience or special development.
- Ideal consulting experience will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of electricity regulations and policies
- Ability to data gathering and analysis
- Business Intelligence
- Corporate/ business strategy
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Leadership/ managerial skills
- Critical and innovative thinking
- Problem-solving and decision making
- Strong ability to manage resources
- Business focus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online