Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
Job Position: Head of Credit Risk
Job Location: Lagos (Hybrid)
- Join us at Kuda in this pivotal role and be the driving force in shaping and optimizing our Credit Risk strategies!
- We are currently searching for a dynamic Head of Credit Risk to lead the Credit Risk team, spearhead the implementation and execute Kuda’s Credit Risk policies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to drive streamlined collection practices and actively contribute to the development of relevant policies and protocols.
- In addition, you’ll get to ensure precise reporting and strict adherence to Credit product practices within Nigeria.
- Lead the Credit Risk team, end-to-end strategy roadmap and execution
- Ensure proactive advocacy and steadfast adherence to Credit policies
- Design Credit policies tailored to the unique dynamics of Kuda MFB in Nigeria
- Build and operate the underwriting function for both consumer and business credit
- Managing a team of underwriters, providing guidance, training, and feedback to ensure consistency and adherence to established underwriting standards
- Spearhead active and compliant collection practices, demonstrating a commitment to regulatory standards and guidelines
- Lead the strategic implementation of Credit initiatives within the Nigerian market, aligning efforts with organizational objectives
- Establish, build and actively manage various relationships with external partners.
- B.Sc in Accounting, Economics, Banking, Finance and Commerce (or relevant fields)
- 10+ years of experience, with at least 4 years in a leadership position specifically within Credit Risk Management
- Extensive background in financial services or Fintech, underscoring a deep understanding of the industry’s nuances and dynamics
- Solid understanding of Credit regulation within the Nigeria banking industry
- In-depth hands-on expertise in the administration of Credit Risk policies, the Credit underwriting process, Credit Risk scoring methodologies, and precise calculation of unit costs for risk products.
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3-day-per-week remote working option.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Kuda is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Kuda is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent.
- We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.