Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Position: Head of Finance
Job Location: Remote
- We are seeking to hire a proactive and dynamic candidate for the role of Head of Finance who will, amongst other things, be tasked with monitoring, communicating, and shaping our financial health.
- Working closely with our CEO and Department Heads, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and managing a first-rate Finance vertical.
- As a Seed-stage startup, you will be comfortable wearing multiple hats, this position requires the ability to work independently, communicate complex concepts in concise terms, prioritise tasks, and work with various departments efficiently.
- Liquidity and treasury management, overseeing Klasha’s financial resources to help meet wider business objectives.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Develop trends and projections for Klasha’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction/optimisation opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the Finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure the appropriate monitoring of Company finances is maintained
- Confident oversight and delivery of Central bank reporting
- Personable and business facing
- Partnerships and relationship building
- Managing the output and nurturing the development of a Finance Executive
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related course
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, preferably in fintech or financial services.
- CIMA or equivalently certified
- Based in the EU remotely or Cape Town.
- Significant exposure to Treasury Management.
- Experience working globally
- Automation savvy, with proficiency in analytics and wider tooling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to identify and defend data-driven recommendations.
- A charismatic relationship builder, able to win the trust of external and internal partners alike
- High level of determination and tenacity.
- Good understanding of compliance activities in financial services.
- Ability to execute root cause analysis.
- Fully remote
- All the latest technology you need to do your role.
- Employee stock option scheme.
- Private health insurance.
- Mental health wellness benefits; Headspace app subscription and Spill mental health support.
- Budget for French language classes.
- One-time home office set-up allowance.
- Diesel and wifi allowance for remote working.
- Work-from-anywhere weeks; work from anywhere for three weeks in a year.
- Paid birthday day off.
- Team building events.
- Paid parental leave.
- Learning and development budget.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online