The Letshego Group is a proudly African multinational organisation, headquartered and listed in Botswana and focused on delivering inclusive finance solutions to underserved populations across 11 Sub Saharan Markets.
With a staff compliment of over 3,000 – including both direct and indirect sales agents – and more than four hundred thousand customers, Letshego is synonymous with leveraging innovation and technology to improve the lives of individuals who have limited access to traditional financial services.
Job Position: Head of Internal Audit
Job Location: Lagos
- Planning, execution, co-ordination and reporting on all internal audit activities of the country.
- Also establishment and maintenance of constructive and professional relationships with clients will be important.
- Prepare the country internal audit plan and budget.
- Carry out the internal audit plan for the country.
- Manage the internal audit activities of the countries allocated.
- Ensure country’s overall compliance – legal, IFRS, group policies and procedures.
- Implement and manage risk-based audit plans and programs.
- Preparation of proposed financial budget for the department.
- Monitor and report implementation of agreed recommendations by management.
- Management and support of field staff in the conduct of audits and ensure that work done is compliant to Letshego Audit Guide.
- Review internal audit working papers and coordinate preparation of management letters with appropriate recommendation to the HOD/operations team/CEOs.
- Liaise with country external auditors and Group Head of Internal Audit to ensure that external audit work done is in line with instructions from Group external auditors and that there is are no duplication.
- Report and presentation of internal audit findings to the country audit committee/board.
- Report on the progress in resolving crucial issues to the country audit committee/board.
- Regular monitoring and reporting on prospective changes to the law/statutes of various countries through reviewing of government gazettes.
- Update Audit Recommendation Implementation Tracking Sheet (ARITS) in liaison with HODs/operations team/CEOs.
- Ensure that the resources are effectively deployed to achieve the approved plan as per the approved ERM annual business plan.
- Performance management of staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Chartered Accountant (CA)/CIA/CISA
- 7 years of continuous relevant experience.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Advanced analytical skills, with an ability to research
- Proven team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build relationships with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent leadership and Organizational skills.
- Highly computer literate in excel, word power point etc.
13th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.