Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saro’s is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saro is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is intended for Saro Oil Palm.
Job Position: Head, Legal Services
Job Location: Lagos
- Work with respective stakeholders to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies, procedures and best practices to achieve a non-destructive growth
- Keep abreast and review of all relevant statutory laws, regulations, regulatory developments, and industry initiatives applicable to Saro Group & SBUs, advise management accordingly and ensure compliance.
- Ensure that all regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
- Develops compliance checklists and prepare compliance reports, as and when due complete with responses from business management, actionable plans for avoiding or preventing business disruption at all levels for weekly, monthly (MBR) & quarterly communication to Management, ED ARCG & Board Audit, Risk and Governance Committee (BARGC).
- Ensure processes are in place to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory, corporate, securities and other legal requirements; Participate in Business Process Re-engineering exercises to ensure controls therein are adequate.
- Ensure compliance with Sustainable practices and SBUs Corporate Governance Framework
Commercial Legal Service:
- Manage all Company’s real estate/landed properties – ensure payment of relevant charges, perfection and registration of title for company properties
- Provide commercial legal advice and solution for different aspects of the business
- The HCLS will review and provide strategic legal advice on documents and agreements for all SBU’s
- Serves as liaison for all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations
- Keep company’s legal records of commercial agreements, permits, licenses and legal transactions with third parties and ensures prompt renewal of expired contracts
- Maintain company’s intellectual property rights and trademarks – ensure registration and compliance
- Carry out review of Service Level Agreement (SLA) to ensure applicable regulatory laws are incorporated
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Manage litigation and liaise with external lawyers, review progress of anticipated and outstanding litigation.
- Review ongoing staff cases and advice management accordingly.
- Provide advise on a case by case basis on how to mange the cases and claims by third parties. Negotiate with third parties to prevent un-warranted claims
Corporate Legal Services:
- Review and provide strategic legal advice on documents and issues for all SBU’s
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Maintain all company’s corporate books and registers – perform periodic due diligence on operating and non-operating companies, ensure compliance with all returns due to CAC
- Liaise with Company secretary to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and maintaining a functional Company Secretariat
- Ensure strict implementation of Corporate Governance Framework and Governance in line with CAMA 2020 Track compliance with Internal Governance, Whistle Blowing Policy and Corporate Governance framework with respect for the DOA.
- The ideal candidate must have obtained at least a Second Class Upper Degree in Law at both University and the Nigerian Law School.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Goods knowledge and use of Microsoft Office packages & ERP systems (Knowledge of Navision& SharePoint will be an added advantage).
- Age Requirement: 28 – 35 years old.
30th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online