Ivy Scholars is a HR Consulting and Training firm in Nigeria. We help you grow and sustain your business through crafting the right strategy, hiring and developing the right people, and achieving the right results. Our services include people, process, and project outsourcing, corporate training and development, recruitment and assessment, market research and entry, management consulting and background checks services.
Job Position: Head of Logistics Operations
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Reporting to: CEO & COO
- We are seeking to hire a Head of Operations for Logistics to coordinate operations and ensure smooth running and optimal business performance for the Logistics Business.
- Direct the activities of staff and drivers in relation to logistics operations within the company on duties like loading, dispatching and tracking/monitoring of vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that trips, productivity, and loading timeliness targets are met every month.
- Monitor the general operations of staff of the logistics department to ensure strict adherence to guidelines, safety measures, government orders, and administrative policies. • Responsible for maintaining accurate records of the company’s logistics operations that can inform growth of the business.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, onboarding, and appraisal of every logistics personnel. And working alongside Head of Maintenance to do the same for drivers and mechanics/engineers.
- Set up processes, procedures, structures and give relevant training to logistics personnel to ensure strict adherence to health and safety measures, and conduct necessary investigation(s) when accidents happen.
- Work closely with Head of Business Performance to develop and implement plans that will lead to improvement in company profit.
- Responsible for implementation of management recommendations, such as trip rates, or routes.
- Maintain open and clear communication and dialogue with Head of Maintenance and Business Performance so as to organise activities that will enhance company’s general performance.
- Responsible for investigations concerning client or 3PL complaints with regards to product delivery and other logistics operation or truck related issues.
- Make recommendation for the acquisition of new trucks or equipment or the replacement of old ones.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency within the department.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields with a minimum of 4 years experience
- The ideal candidate should be proactive and detail oriented with excellent problem solving, interpersonal, strong speaking and writing skills, and an exceptional ability to think outside of the box and multi-task.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
N130,000/month + Performance Bonus.
6th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Insterested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.