DCSL Corporate Services Limited is a private limited liability company which provides executive selection, company secretarial, governance, immigration, and training services to diverse governmental, corporate and individual clients across several business sectors in Nigeria. We operate from our Head Office in Lagos, with operational branches in Abuja.
Job Position: Head of Operations
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Head of Operations will report directly to the CEO on the day-to-day running of the group’s business in line with its mission, and strategic plan.
- The candidate will play a critical role to help shape and guide the future, growth, and development of the group by identifying innovation, and risk management processes for the Group.
- Liaise with external legal advisers/attorneys to defend the Group in all litigation cases and ensure there are no subsisting injunctions against the Company.
- Provides direction to the Team in line with the group’s core values.
- Prepare relevant reports to aid decision-making by Management.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget as well as goals/strategies for the Legal Department.
- Assesses sales and marketing operations and makes recommendations for developments where necessary.
- Proper drafting and execution of agreements, contracts, and resolutions.
- Advise the board of directors on their legal and corporate responsibilities and matters of corporate governance.
- Coordinates (and attends if necessary) all meetings involving the full Partnership, lawyers, and various committees of the group, including agenda preparation, minutes, and follow up.
- Coordinate the drafting, vetting, and review of all legal documents and agreements relating to the Group’s operations (e.g. project contracts)
- Developing in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Interpret contracts and advise operations/sales/commercial managers on contractual responsibilities.
- Advise Management on current legislation, regulatory issues, constraints, or legal risks that might impact the Group’s plans, strategies, and operations, locally and internationally.
- Prepare legal guidelines on expansion projects to mitigate against possible litigation, arbitration, staff and/or community unrest, and other political situations as they affect the Group.
- Work proactively to facilitate the resolution of conflicts to avoid litigation procedures.
- LLB from an accredited University and B.L from the Nigerian Law School.
- Post Graduate degree in Corporate Law or MBA is an added advantage.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries of Nigeria (ICSAN), and NBA is required.
- 9 – 12 years post-call commercial/corporate experience either in-house or in a law firm with at least 5 years in a managerial position.
- Good knowledge of practices and applications in Capital Markets Dispute resolution, and all aspects of Corporate Law.
- Proven ability to work with large and dynamic teams
- Extensive experience in Regulatory Compliance, company law and statutory compliance
- Governance & Controls
- Outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Business development, sales, or marketing skills
- Technical capacity in dealing with and advising on corporate, business, and commercial law matters, encompassing contracts/agreements, arbitration, and legal risk management.
- People Oriented & Emotionally Intelligent.
15th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their their Applications and CV / Resumes to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.