Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee.
Job Position: Head of Operations
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
- Work closely with the Regional Ops team and the General Manager
- Manage Operations Managers and Specialists. You will hire, train and mentor them.
- Understand, deep-dive, have under control, and improve the supply status to ensure we deliver operational excellence and a great customer experience.
- Evaluate strategic opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Implement, standardize and execute processes across all cities.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of global operations thru out-of-the-box thinking.
- Actively collaborate with your colleagues and learn from each other in a supportive environment that allows you to grow, develop and make a difference
- 3+ years of experience in highly demanding positions (operations, consulting, investment banking, etc.). Experience in on-demand is a plus.
- Degree in Engineering, Economics, or similar.
- Strong analytical skills are a must.
- 2+ years of experience managing high-performance teams. Inspire, coach and mentor Operations Managers to support their development and competency.
- Strong organizational skills and delegation, ability to prioritize and multitask, work well under pressure, and handle multiple issues simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Combine a day by day and tactic management with a strategic and long-term view.
- Outstanding leadership skills and relationships with peers and other departments.
- Open to change (changes seeker).
- Effective communication skills (both to the team and upstream).
- Out-of-the-box thinker and high level of self-initiative (proactive in finding new solutions to new issues).
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Results-oriented, autonomous and efficient.
- Professional English is a must. Local language proficiency is a must.
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing equity plan (if applicable)
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Discounted gym memberships
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and well-being benefit
- External learning budget
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online