WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job Position: Head of Operations
Job Location: Lagos
- Serves as the Head of Operations or Chief Operating Officer and is responsible for Lottery operations for a lottery startup; works with and reports to senior executives, including the Chief Executive Officer (CEO); performs all related work, as required.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of subordinates; recommends personnel actions related to selection, disciplinary procedures, performance, leaves, grievances, work schedules, and assignments; administers personnel policies and procedures.
- Directs the research, internal development, and production of new lottery products and initiatives.
- Directs and coordinates efforts on major initiatives, including but not limited to procurement, contracting, and administration of the Lottery’s online gaming system. Initiates and implements policymaking decisions impacting both the day-to-day and long-range operations of all facets of the Lottery in support of its mission.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations and keeps the CEO and senior staff informed of all major developments at the Lottery; informs staff about trends and developments in the industry.
- Plans, develops, and establishes policies/objectives peculiar to a business organization operating on a governmental model in accordance with legislative oversight, Board directive, and NLRC policies, procedures, rules, and statutes. Oversees the development of internal policies/procedures for improving acceptance of lottery products by retailers and consumers; collaborates with the CEO, other senior Executives, Product Owners and vendors in the selection, design, performance analysis, and review of lottery games, advertising, and support systems.
- Participates as a working member of the weekly drawing security team responsible for responding to situations requiring lockdown and recovery activities in the event of computer system pre-draw imbalance and makes decisions regarding options available in the event of system failure.
- Manages the operation of lottery buildings and facilities, including but not limited to leasing, repair, and maintenance of these structures. Oversees and directs procurement and enforcement of Lottery contracts.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following minimum requirements to qualify for positions in this job classification:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field,
- Experience equal to at least six years of full-time work in a senior management capacity in the lottery, betting or gaming industry or in a recognized lottery administrative support area (e.g., law, finance, data processing, sales, or marketing).
- An MBA or other relevant post-graduate degree is a plus.
Competencies Required Knowledge:
- Administration and Management – Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Sales and Marketing – Principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Public Safety and Security – Relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer Service – Principles and processes for providing customer services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Law and Government – Relevant laws, court proceedings, precedents, government regulations, executive orders and agency rules.
- Personnel and Human Resources – Principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Communication and Expression – Communicate information and ideas in speech and in writing so others will understand. Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing. Develop world-class presentations from scratch.
- Deductive Reasoning – Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning – Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Problem Sensitivity – Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times. Social perceptiveness.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position requires a full background investigation at the outset, with periodic reviews.