EjiCareers -Our client, Nairametrics Financial Advocates Limited, is a leading financial resource company based in Nigeria. They provide their clients (including visitors to our website) with up-to-date business, investing and financial information from Africa’s largest economy. They also have a consulting arm that provides bespoke financial management services to clients.
Job Position: Head of Research
Job Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Conduct research and develop elaborate reports on key economic sectors and industries.
- Develop macroeconomic reports covering analyses and forecasts of real output growth, inflation, labor markets, central bank policies, etc. on a weekly basis.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain robust financial models and industry database ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
- Perform investment research necessary for the formulation and development of investment strategies for equity, fixed-income, derivatives, commodities, real estate investment strategies.
- Anchor and facilitate the set-up & development of Bond and Derivatives desks and allied products.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of company Annual Research Report.
- Represent the Nairametrics brand on economic discussions and media (radio, television, etc.) engagement.
- Make investment recommendations based on written investment thesis, earnings, and cash flow models.
- Participate in meetings/Portfolio/Fund Management/Investment Committee meetings to help strengthen the investment process.
- Review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings, and other sources to gather/synthesize/interpret and publish data on quoted companies.
- Maintain and update financial and valuation models on companies.
- Contribute to the creation or modification the company’s product offerings with the objective of providing new or additional benefits to customers, as well as enhancing the company’s competitive edge and market dominance.
- Activate participation in driving business development initiatives across the key products/projects of the group for the purpose of sales pitches to prospective investors/clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field including Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Research Analyst and/or Business Writer.
- Excellent writing and speaking abilities on financial markets and the economy.
- Advanced understanding of equity and bond markets.
- Savvy about Nigerian Stock Exchange including but not limited to stock market trading, valuation, and other key metrics.
- Knowledge of key indicators of the Nigerian economy such as inflation rate, GDP, Monetary Policy
- Analytics and financial modelling skills.
- Confident and charismatic
- Ability to communicate confidently with CEOs, founders and business leaders of some of Nigeria’s notable companies.
N300,000 – N400,000 Monthly (gross) depending on experience.
1st April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.