Cedarville School is a co-educational, non-partisan, non-denominational school with a culture that embraces Christian ethics. Our faculty and other ancillary staff are cultured and well-trained to handle individual differences and consistent learning.
Job Position: Head Teacher (Female)
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- In the role of a Head Teacher, we are looking for an energetic and exemplary leader with a passion for nurturing and developing young children.
- A leader who knows the usefulness of qualitative education, with a desire to draw out the best in every child.
- A successful candidate will understand in depth the delivery of the Nigerian/British and Montessori curricula.
- This is a senior management position directly answerable to the school board.
- A clear understanding of the Nigerian/British and Montessori Curriculum.
- Ensure all Primary /secondary Teaching staff is committed to the school’s aims and are motivated.
- Maintain and promote an effective partnership with students and parents to support and improve students’ achievement and personal development.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of learning.
- Promote and maintain an environment within the school that secures high standards of planning, organizing, teaching, learning, behavior, and achievement.
- Monitor and review the deployment of staff such that the learning needs of groups and individual students are met.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the students and regularly present coherent and accurate accounts to inform the school evaluation process and its stakeholders.
- Ensure systems are in place for the performance management of staff and that their effectiveness is monitored.
- Maintain and develop extended curriculum and extra-curricular activities to foster an exciting learning environment.
- Ensure that parents and students are well informed about the curriculum, attainment, and progress toward their targets.
- Work collaboratively with the school board and engage staff and others in a shared vision for effective Curriculum development, delivery, assessment, and monitoring.
- Demonstrate the skills of effective communication and relationship management with pupils, colleagues, and others.
- Supervise fairly and consistently effective discipline and attendance systems with high standards, consistent with the philosophy, values, and mission of the school and by due process and other laws and regulations.
- Support the school board in establishing and implementing an instructional vision and a focused plan for improving students’ achievement while narrowing the disparities between the highest and lowest-performing students.
- Initiate innovations that will stand the school out as an early educational institution of choice in Ibadan.
Education and Work Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Education, other relevant fields are also welcome.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in Teaching of which 4 years must have been in a Management position.
- A Masters Degree, training, or evidence of continuous improvement.
- Experience in School Management, Curriculum Development, Education Model Design and Implementation, and similar functional areas is an added advantage.
- Experience in strategic planning, finance, and human resource management would be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- A desire to work with children.
- The ideal candidate must reside or be ready to relocate to Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Target-driven and ability to drive meeting of very aggressive targets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must have outstanding written & verbal communication skills in English.
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Critical thinking and analytic/problem-solving skills.
- Team building skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Resilience and motivation Skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to coach and inspire.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in education.
- Stress management skills.
- A positive approach to change and continuous improvement.
N80,000 – N100,000 monthly
30th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application / CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.