Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
- Job Position: Head, Technical Services – Cement Industry
- Job ID: HeadOffice-TS001
- Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Department: DCP – Operations
- Reporting Line: Reports to the Plant Director
- Responsible for the coordination and definition of technical and plant performance-related strategies and standards.
- Define R&D & Product Development strategy; identify and develop products for new markets.
- Oversee product testing to ensure that all products meet quality, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Manage BOMs and ensure that product and engineering changes are processed in accordance with the QMS.
- Manage all regulatory, quality and compliance requirements and ensure documentation is up to date and in line with current legislation.
- Lead the Technical team by inspiring and motivating. Ensure personal development training plans are in place.
- Liaise with customers, commercial and marketing to establish and maintain Product and Technology Roadmaps.
- Ensuring well-organized communication of decisions and current developments.
- Developing and implementing standardized reporting functions, work instructions for optimising the process chains.
- Provides guidance to the BU Executive Team to contribute to expected Technical performance of the Plants.
- Ensuring a high-end operation and maintenance of plants.
- Comply with all relevant company and statutory environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Science, Engineering or Design related discipline
- Postgraduate Degree preferred;
- Membership of an internationally recognized professional body preferred.
- Excellent technical and leadership capabilities. Working knowledge of key Technical relations issues (preferably in emerging countries), standards (e.g. IFC, World Bank Group and AfDB standards and guidelines) and practices across a spectrum including development projects and operations;
- Be able to respond under pressure with presence and poise to the public and media;
- Possess a style of clear and effective communication, both oral and written. Superior level of cross-cultural communication skills including public relations, negotiation, liaison, information sharing and conflict resolution;
- Have the skill and attitude to act in a proactive manner to anticipate problems and solve existing problems in the context of operational requirements.
- Able to listen to opinions, formulate recommendations in a confident and constructive manner
Key Role Qualification Required:
- 20+ year’s industry experience (cement preferred) including relevant project site operational experience in emerging countries, preferably in Africa;
- Understand customer needs and be able to turn requirements into innovative strategic solutions.
- Promote a teamwork culture and build effective relationships across the business
- Track record in influencing positive organizational change inside organization and community management role preferably in an international setting;
- Development and implementation of Integrated Management Systems according to IFC Performance Standards and ISO14001 / ISO45001 international standards;
- Be practical, hands-on with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online