Snail Rearing and Agro Products Limited was established as a result of the need to provide humans with essential vitamins and nutrients that snails can give to the human body system. We have been making sure that this doesn’t stop and we are still committed to that drive every day.
- Job Position: Health and Nutrition Assistant (6 openings)
- Job Locations: Cross River, Delta, Ekiti, Lagos, Osun, and Oyo
- We are seeking a dedicated Nutrition Assistant to support our nutritionist in providing patients with healthy meals. In this role, your duties will include obtaining dietary information from patients, determining nutritional needs, and observing patients for signs of diet-related complications.
- To ensure success, Nutrition Assistants should possess experience in a similar role and the ability to obtain accurate dietary information. A top-notch Nutrition Assistant will be someone who can proactively help nutritionists to improve patients’ well-being through excellent dietary support.
- Providing dietician with the facility’s meal and menu planning.
- Obtaining dietary information and assessing the nutritional habits of patients.
- Recording individual risk factors or dietary restrictions that might impact meal planning.
- Coordinating meal plans with nutritionists and healthcare professionals.
- Performing ongoing nutrition assessments, including the measurement of caloric intake and activity levels.
- Facilitating immediate interventions for signs of malnutrition, allergic reactions, or refusal to eat.
- Assisting in meal distribution, ensuring correctly delivered, and timely served meals.
- Maintaining proper sterilization protocols in the clearing away and cleaning of plates and utensils.
- Safely discarding leftover portions to prevent the spread of disease.
- Instructing patients and families on nutrition plans and healthy eating habits.
- Associate’s Degree in Nutrition, Health, and Wellness, or a related field.
- An ADA credential as a Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) would be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role preferred.
- Extensive experience in obtaining dietary information and assessing requirements.
- Knowledge of meal and menu planning.
- Experience in educating patients and their families on nutrition and dietary requirements.
- Advanced ability to collaborate on nutrition plans and facilitate interventions, when required.
- Ability to follow prescribed meal provision standards and protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume as well as a Cover Letter to [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: All aspects of the job description in which patients emerge is directed at our employees as well as our snails