mDoc is digital health start up that leverages behavioral science, data, technology and quality improvement methodologies to improve access to quality healthcare for people with chronic health needs in sub-Saharan Africa. We are seeking an all-star product suite lead to join our team. Our ethos is etched in the belief that augmenting the healthcare & technology landscape is paramount to helping Africa unlock its true potential. We are on a mission to transform how African healthcare consumers receive the support they need to live longer, healthier, happier and more productive lives.
Job Position: Health Coach
Job Location: Lagos
- In this position, you will be a part of the team cohort providing direct (virtual and in-person) self-management support services to members, who face challenges with chronic health needs such as diabetes and hypertension via our innovative self-management model.
- Your work will frequently be hub and field-based, extending out in the surrounding neighborhood and community but there will also be a primarily virtual component as well.
- You will be expected to follow evidence-based guidelines for care while contextualizing to the needs of the members.
- The Health Coach will be responsible for members/ individuals and will work in collaboration with other members of a virtual team to help them meet their wellness and health needs.
- You will be expected to respond to them asynchronously for the most part as well as setting up brief one on one synchronous chats. The health coaches work with individuals and encourages them to take a lead role in their wellness by providing them with tools and support to make the right kinds of lifestyle modifications.
- Along with the mDoc leadership team, you will cultivate an environment reflecting the values of mDoc Healthcare, including respect for our members and team members.
- Providing optimal member-centered care and experience is of critical importance to mDoc so we are looking for people who embody this in mind and action.
- You must be data-driven or willing to be data-driven such that you are looking constantly at your member needs, responding to them and also looking at population level data and coming up with ideas on how to drive continued engagement and adherence.
- We are looking for risk-takers with a LOT of initiative who are willing to learn and grow with and add value to a startup company that wants to help people improve their health and wellness.
- You must be someone who is comfortable with technology, working remotely and supporting your groups of individuals remotely as well as in person. You must be responsive to their needs and willing to be adaptive.
- Provide support, lifestyle education and guidance to participants virtually and in-person and addressing their queries as well as motivating them.
- Work with the operations and clinical team to understand population level data and make adjustments to the evidence-based curriculum.
- Community engagement and mobilization through a multitude of methods
- Work with community-based partners on shared initiatives
- Research and compile needed clinical resources.
- Support marketing and sales initiatives as subject matter expert.
- Review data constantly and provide feedback within expected time frames on improvements or support
- Pay close attention to tracking disease markers
- Be required to use technology for a majority of the work
- Take regular clinical and tech assessments to ensure she or he adheres to quality and patient-centered focus.
- Health coach certification preferred
- MBBS or Registered Nurse or Pharmacist or Psychologist or health background
- Master’s Degree or relevant qualification in social services or health-related field preferred (Nursing/Midwifery, Public Health, Psychology, Counseling, Health Education, Exercise Science, Nutrition And Dietetics, etc.) preferred but not required
- Expert knowledge of motivational interviewing, reflective listening, behavior change theory, and health psychology preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in health coaching, health promotion, chronic illness management or other clinical role preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively support, communicate, and teach the unique culture and values of mDoc
- Technology savvy and enthusiastic adopter of work and personal tools. Must be comfortable with assisting others in using technology and working remotely
- Passion for improving health care experience, outcomes and costs
- Interest in reviewing and responding to patient and population health data
- Fluency in English required.
- Strong communication and “person-centered” skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & a Cover Letter indicating why this job is compelling to them to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.