Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
Job Title: Health Informatics Assistant
Reports To: Strategic Information Advisor
The job overview
- The Health Informatics Assistant will support in the development, implementation and management of the health electronic information systems in meeting monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria State Office.
- S/he will also ensure optimal functionality of all electronic medical records and project databases.
- The health Informatics Assistant (HIA) will provide technical support for the design and content development for electronic information systems. This function will include assisting the software programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M & E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- The HIA will ensure that the software and database tools developed meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors.
- S/he will coordinate user support through RISE field staff with specific assistance on building and maintaining a strong facility and LGA level capacity.
- S/he will conduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development.
- The HIA will supervise the deployment of the developed M & E software and database tools to new sites as requested.
- The HIA will support the development of standard operating procedures, user manuals, and data management procedure documents for all of the project electronic information systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Required Job Qualifications
- HND / B.Sc or similar Degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Public Health, Epidemiology, or Health Information Management
- At least 2 years post NYSC experience in Software Development, Database Management or Health Informatics
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
1st September, 2021.
How to apply
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location e.g. “Health Informatics Assistant, Taraba” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.