Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
Job Position: Health Products Consultant – USAID Frontier Health Markets Engage Project
Job Location: Abuja
The objective of this activity is to conduct detailed market research for the identified FHM Engage market interventions in FCT and Ebonyi states. This will involve a health facility assessment (HFA) to facilitate an in-depth understanding of the scale and quality of RMNCH healthcare services delivery in the FCT and Ebonyi state. This effort will provide additional information on elements of the private sector community pharmacy (CP), patent and proprietary vendor (PPMV) and health facility ecosystems which provide an enabling business environment for the FP, CH and MNH markets.
The sub-recipient will support FHM Engage Nigeria lead a health facility assessment on private at community pharmacists (CPs), and patent and proprietary medicine vendors (PPMVs) and private health facilities in the FCT and Ebonyi state.
The health products consultant will work with FHM Engage Nigeria and Global team to identify health products suppliers to function within a marketplace tailored to Nigeria. Below is a summary of tasks and anticipated level of effort (LOE).
Responsibilities 1: Market Sizing and Supply Planning
- Work with FHM Engage team to identify a list of health products to be included on the health marketplace: Health products will include medicines, equipment, and consumables etc.
- Health products market sizing: estimate the potential demand and revenue (up to three years) for a suite of health products to be offered on the health marketplace.
- Three-year supply planning for selected health products to guide coordination of procurements to be delivered through the private sector in target states (may include engaging with GHSC-PSM and state quantification teams)
- 15-20 slides deck with recommendations for health products, pricing, estimated market size and forecasted revenue (for aggregators). A10-15-page word supply plan detailing private sector focused FP and MNCH supply plan plus accompanying excel estimation model.
Responsibilities 2: Identification and Selection of Health Products Aggregator(s)
- Support the FHM Engage team to collect data on potential health products aggregator capabilities (sourcing, procurement, warehousing, distribution, and logistics management), capability of providing product financing and interest to participate in the health marketplace:
- Years of business,
- Naira and US dollar total annual revenue and operation,
- Range of products,
- Funding source, etc.
Responsibilities 3. Facilitate meeting with FHM Engage, Nigeria Mission and AORS to agree on selection criteria for health products aggregator(s)
- Draft request for proposals/application for health product aggregator(s)
- With FHM Engage Operations, host a pre-bid workshop with interested health product aggregators providers, regulatory bodies, representatives from different private sector groups and suppliers who have the capability to provide health products through credit financing. Discussions will include ethical considerations, product pricing, regulatory requirements, data management and tracking user needs.
- With FHM Engage Operations team, support the selection of health product aggregator(s).
- 10-15 slide deck with standard aggregator capacity requirements.
- A 5-10 page report in word listing potential health product aggregators and their capabilities (to meet standard aggregator requirements)
Supervision of Consultant
- The health products consultant will report technically to the Chief of Party.
- The consultant will work in collaboration with several individuals/firms including and not limited to Solina, the Health Marketplace Consultant, Technical Advisor Quality, Technical Advisor Health Financing, and the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
- A high level of interaction with the USAID Mission is expected.
Nigeria Health Marketplace (draft)
- Degree in Pharmacy, Business, Marketing, or relevant field; strong business acumen with MBA or equivalent work experience
- Experience in design, implementation, and management of health products marketplaces
- Ability to engage and coordinate with a wide range of stakeholders within the health products value chain (networked providers, small and medium enterprises, supply chain actors) as well as business solution providers.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills, and ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences.
- Ability to develop financial models in Excel.
- Fluency in English written and spoken.
22nd September, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an email with CV and Cover Letter attached to: FHM-Nigeria-Recruit@chemonics.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.