Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty center and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world-class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub-region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has four hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos, Kainji, and Jebba having over one hundred (100) bed capacity without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency/trauma center, radiology diagnostic center, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite, and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
- Job Position: Health Safety Officer
- Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Advice on safety-related topics in the development of new services and service areas.
- Review existing policies and measure and update according to government regulations, professional body regulations and international best practices in the healthcare industry
- Inspect premises and personnel work to identify issues, ensure staff follow laid out the procedure to ensure compliance
- Respond to, and investigate complaints from staff and patients and take appropriate action.
- Assessing risk, possible safety hazard of all aspects of operations and enforcing preventive measures
- Develop safety policies and guidelines, oversee their implementation and monitor the progress.
- Inspecting all on-site production of tools and materials to ensure they are safe
- Oversee installations, maintenance and disposal of equipment and dangerous materials
- Record and investigate incidents of non-compliance or accidents to determine causes
- Escalating to the Engineering department the need for repairs of unsafe, faulty, or damaged equipment
- Participate in continuing education to update knowledge of health and safety protocols and techniques
- Assessing whether new service delivery systems are safe for patients and staff in service delivery units.
- Review existing policies and procedures to ensure their effectiveness
- Have a thorough understanding of industrial and hospital processes and systems.
- Ensure the company meets statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Maintain comprehensive Health and Safety records
- Degree in relevant courses
- Minimum 2 years proven experience as a health and safety officer
- IOSH / NEBOSH certification will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of legislation around the workplace and private healthcare facility safety and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials, tools, and practices
- Experience writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Demonstrated competence in data analysis and statistics reporting
- Excellent communications skills particularly in data, regulations, and policies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Great attention to detail, patience, and diplomacy
- Ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Excellent collaborative skills with others in different departments.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Assertive but calm
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Excellent time management skills
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment.
11th March 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Position Title as the subject of the email application.