Marriott International – At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
- Job Position: Hotel Manager I
- Job Number: 21031188
- Job Location: Sheraton Lagos Hotel – Lagos
- Job Category: Property Leadership
- Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
- Schedule: Full-Time
- Position Type: Management
- Functions as the strategic business leader of property operations and acts as General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, , Retail/Gift Shops, Recreation/Fitness Center, Housekeeping, Security/Loss Prevention, Engineering/Maintenance, Food and Beverage/Culinary and Event Management, where applicable.
- Position works with direct reports (Executive Committee members and department heads) to develop and implement the operations strategy and ensuring implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives.
- The position ensuring operations meet the brand’s target customer needs, ensuring employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes financial performance.
- As a member of the Executive Committee, develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property employees and provides a return on investment.
Core Work Activities
Managing Profitability and Departmental Budgets:
- Keeps operations team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
- Ensures that all operational areas have an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall guest experience.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Operations is performing against budget.
- Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the service strategy.
- Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establishing ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
- Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Identifies and analyzes operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy & rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Reviews the Wage Progress Report and compares budgeted wages to actual wages, coaching direct reports to address problem areas and holds team accountable for results.
- Develops an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Makes and executes key decisions to keep property moving forward towards the achievement of goals.
Managing Property Operations:
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding operational goals to produce desired results on a continuous basis.
- Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Ensures core elements of the service strategy are in place to produce the desired results.
- Tours building on a regular basis speaking with employees and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
Leading Property Operations Teams:
- Establishes a vision for product and service delivery on property.
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensuring alignment amongst the property leadership team.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Hires operations management team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Stays knowledgeable of leadership talent in the property.
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participating in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.