International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at the highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated healthcare systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Job Position: HR & Admin Assistant
Job Location: Gwoza, Borno
- The Human Resources (HR) Assistant under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer will support new hires for the organization including recruitment, screening, recruiting, interview and employee placement. He/she will on-board new employees, and guide through the complicated process of compliance, Because HR represents both the employee and the organization, the Human Resources and Admin Assistant must be well-organized when performing administrative and strategic hiring duties. He/she also has the crucial task of ensuring IMC’s HR policies and procedures are in compliance with all state and federal labor regulations.
- Assist in ensuring staff compliance with human resources polices, as per IMC’s Operations Handbook and HR Handbook.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment, and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Assist in communicating with interview candidates and scheduling for tests and interviews.
- Prepare employee contracts.
- Responsible for ensuring the following are accurate, complete, and up to date: -personnel files, administration of health insurance scheme, social security,
- Assist managers and staff on effective performance management and administer the collation of performance management documentation.
- Ensure new staff receive an appropriate orientation and induction.
- Ensure clearance and debriefing is carried out for exiting staff.
- Support staff development activities including promoting the IMC Learning Catalogue.
- Ensure that all office systems and equipment (power, water Dispensers, telephone, photocopier, etc.) are in good working order.
- Payment of office and guest house bills.
- Responsible for office supplies.
- Responsible for necessary repairs & maintenance in a timely manner in coordination with the logistics staff.
- Manage all contract arrangements with lessors and ensuring that contractual obligations are adhered to.
- Establish central mail recording system and filing system.
- Ensure that IMC staff have Identification cards (ID) with the period of validity in accordance with the employment contract.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as Ms Word, Excel, Email and utilization of the internet.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Extremely flexible and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Commitment to and understanding of IMC’s aims, values, and principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar role or HR administration or management.
- Other relevant professional / management certifications would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is desirable.
Required Skills & Qualities:
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft office programs (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook)
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff:
- The International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performances of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer, or agent shall participate in the selection, award, or administration of a contract supported /by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest would be involved.
- Such a conflict would arise when the employee, officer, or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, his or her partner, or an organization which employs or is about to employ any of the parties indicated above, has a financial or other interest in the firm selected for an award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall neither solicit nor accept gratuities, favors, or anything of monetary value from contractors, or parties to sub-agreements. These standards shall provide for disciplinary actions to be applied for violations of such standards by IMC officers, employees, or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
16th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.