Helen Keller International – Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countries.
Job Title: HR/Admin. Associate
Scope of the Position
- The objective of the HR/Admin. Associate position is to assist HR/Admin.
- Coordinator with hiring actions, ensuring completion of employee’s documentation and administration following approved personnel checklist, complete administrative tasks related to all aspects of HR sections in Nigeria.
- He/she will perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HR/Admin. Coordinator.
- Assist to prepare recruitment materials including adverts and interview assessment sheet.
- Carry out initial short listing of CVs and coordinate interviews.
- Conduct and manage bio data forms and reference checks.
- Manage all new hire employment forms following personnel checklist.
- Maintains an active and organized data bank of applicants for various positions.
- Plan and coordinate new employee orientation including provision of information about policies, working conditions and opportunities for employee benefits etc.
- Assist with the administration of the health benefits and pension program.
- Management of staff exits, including conducting of exit interviews.
- Provides technical support and back stopping for HR/Admin. Coordinator
- Supervision of Office Assistants/Drivers.
- Assist the HR/Admin. Coordinator to ensure effective and efficient provision of Helen Keller Office coordination activities which include:
- Coordination and supervision of support staff (driver, office assistant, Securities);
- Overseeing the reception of visitors to the organization and direction of visitors and partners’ inquiries to appropriate authorities in a professional manner.
- Assist the HR/Admin. Coordinator in all Helen Keller registration documentation, immigration and work permits;
- Assist with meetings as needed;
- Ensure safety measures are maintained in the vehicle and office including First Aid and fire precautions;
- Attend monthly meetings and subcommittee meetings as required;
Supervisory and Other Duties:
- Oversee the drivers, Office Assistants, securities in carrying out their functions;
- Provide support in the organization of trainings and seminars;
- Briefing to staff members on human resources issues and general administrative matters; provision of advice and administrative support.
- Execute all other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of experience.
Competencies and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to implement and manage all aspects of the HRM function in line with current practices and trends.
- Demonstrated success and familiarity experience in Nigeria is particularly relevant.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully coordinate activities with senior project management staff and proven ability to work successfully in a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Integrity and friendly approach ability.
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues and to handle confidential matters discreetly and have experience in conflict resolution.
- Ability to competently assess priorities; manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated understanding of Nigeria Labor laws, Company Act, NGO Act and other relevant laws.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management.
13th August, 2021.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one MS Word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.