Jami Al Hakeem Foundation is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2008. The foundation since its inception has extensive experience in coordinating programme interventions across communities and various target audience including youths, women, girls, traditional leaders, etc. The organization has vast experience in coordination, management and administration of development programmes that bring together a range of stakeholders, including state and non-state actors.
Jami Al Hakeem has also demonstrated experience in delivery of effective and sustainable programme aimed at addressing all forms of violence against women and girls including gender-based violence in Nigeria. It has also coordinated capacity building training for citizen participation in governance and ownership of policies.
Job Position: HR Officer / Assistant
Job Location: Yola, Adamawa
- To manage and support the day-to-day human resource and other administrative activities that supports and ensures efficient operation of the organization.
- Serve as a contact between the HR department, management and other staff.
- Perform administrative duties (maintaining employee database and sorting emails for the HR department).
- Entering information into HR Software.
- Collaborate with leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to recruiting, staffing and retention.
- Create appointment Letters, terms of agreement, and employment contracts for staff and consultants.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives and surveys to support the organization human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Building dedication and commitment.
- Boosting organizations potentials.
- Monitor and ensure the organizations compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Updating organizational policies related to HR and ethics.
- Performance Management, Monitoring and Appraisal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management, Personnel Management, Business Administration or a related discipline
- Master’s Degree or relevant certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector.
- Proven abilities in aptitude for working with people and managing confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others.
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
14th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their Application (Cover letter and CV in a single file) at the head office location:
No, 5 Yola Road, Jimeta,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be from the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: Human Resource Officer.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- J-HF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Short-listed candidates will be responsible for their logistic and accommodation during interview.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, J-HF will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about J-HF, please consult: www.jamialhakeemfoundation.org
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.