Sheriff Aid Foundation (SAF) is a national humanitarian and developmental organization that is non-profit; non-governmental and non-political currently active in the north-eastern Nigeria.
SAF was founded in February 2007 and formally registered with Corporate Affairs Commission Nigeria in August 2018 with the aim to improving the life of vulnerable and less privileged focusing on children and women through protection, education, livelihood improvement, food security as well as strengthening the resilience of the affected population due to conflict and natural disaster especially those in the rural areas.
SAF activities are integrated with focus on education, camp coordination and management, provision of shelter and NFIs, waste management, food security, skills acquisition training, awareness creation, networking and, community involvement and participation. Our activities are mainly carried out through grassroots mobilization and networking. The Core values of SAF is centered upon transparency, accountability, partnership, integrity, innovation, respect and professionalism.
Job Position: HR / Administrative Assistant
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The Office Admin will engage in the following activities of the organization;
- Provide general administrative support:
- Answers queries concerning administrative, HR, financial and other rules and procedures, providing ongoing advice and/or resolving issues.
- Ensures that all necessary administrative authorizations are obtained, that all mandatory requirements are fulfilled and that all relevant SAF systems and registers are maintained up to date and to standard.
- Provides administrative support and general office assistance, including but not limited to collecting, screening and distributing incoming correspondence and documents, processing and following up on requests from internal and occasionally external partners including SAF, governmental institutions, national civil society organizations, UN agencies and other international organizations, and other institutional stakeholders.
- Maintains office/programme/project files for completed and on-going activities in paper or electronic form for monitoring purposes as required. Maintains stationary and other supplies and provides office troubleshooting and general assistance support to staff in the office, as required.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process by posting job advertisements, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, and preparing offer letters.
- Assist in managing employee benefits programs, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and leave policies. Help with salary administration, including maintaining compensation data and conducting salary surveys.
- Support in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures in compliance with local labor laws and regulations. Provide guidance and support to employees on HR-related policies and procedures.
- As instructed drafts or prepares in final version general and administrative correspondence. Checks correspondence submitted for clearance for consistency, style, accuracy and compliance with corresponding rules and procedures.
- If required, provides information and informal interpretation from/to the local language and other services for office staff and official personnel on travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field with at leat 2 years of relevant experience or Diploma Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Post-secondary or paraprofessional training or certification in an area related to HR and office administration and/or SAF work and/or accounting and financial management and/or IT and/or communication with minimum of six years of general office administration experience, including experience in dealing with financial matters.
- Knowledge of and/or familiarity with the administrative processes of local and international organizations.
- Knowledge of and experience with SAF administrative policies.
- Lady with admin. experience will be an added advantage.
15th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online