World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries, and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Job Position: HR Assistant, Data Analysis
Job Location: Abuja
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): two years
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
In close collaboration with the HR Officers in the WHO Country Office in Nigeria, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Provide support for ongoing maintenance of HR data records, management, and reporting;
- Pull data from different sources such as GSM, Stellis, ePMDS, and HR trackers. Assist with data presentation, analysis, and interpretation.
- Tracks and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to the relevant levels; Produce routine statistical reports for regular HR reporting and special statistical reports for data summaries to help management decision including HR monthly report to be submitted to Operations Officer and WR Staffing report;
- Assist with data collection, design, and conduct surveys as needed;
- Act as focal person for human resources KPIs; Monitor the gender balance and geographical distribution of the WCO Nigeria workforce including UNVs, SSAs, etc.
- Identify problems with data quality and communicate issues with relevant staff and supervisors;
- Update records on staff list regularly to ensure accuracy of information Digitalize all HR records including recruitments
- Ensuring that performance evaluation reports for staff are concluded and medical clearances are received timely.
- Ensure correct mapping to grants (awards) and systematically ensure timely and accurate us of grants (awards) earmarked for salaries.
- Facilitate the payment of Staff and non-staff members bills for statutory medical examinations
- Performs any other duties as may be required.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School with Training / Diploma in Information Management, Accounting or Commerce, Computer Science, or Statistics
- Desirable: Studies or experience-based knowledge information collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Essential: At least 8 years of relevant experience in data analysis and information system management. At least 3 years of relevant experience in human resources information management
- Desirable: Knowledge/experience of the UN Systems would be an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR information and data management complemented by knowledge of basic statistics.
- Skills in the field of statistical data collection, analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- An understanding of database management, functionality and structure.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, while implementing best practices.
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with tact, discretion and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of online data collection applications would be an asset.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 10,942,425 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
10:59 PM: 21st July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online