The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic, multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria). We are a profitable player in the QSR sector of the Hospitality industry in Nigeria with great prospects and staff strength of over 1000 employees. Currently, our operations span across 17 locations in Lagos and Abuja, Nigeria, with rapid expansion plans to penetrate more locations in the short to medium term.
Job Position: HR Business Partner – Operations
Job Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
- Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs.
- Identify training needs and create or procure a professional development curriculum.
- Monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met.
- Provide input on workforce and succession planning as well as plans business unit restructuring.
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees.
- Maintain awareness of the culture, plans, financial position, and competition of the business units under the HR purview.
- Conduct weekly meetings with operations staff to check in with each business unit.
- Consult regularly with management and provide guidance when appropriate
- Collaborate with colleagues in the human resources department to develop policies, programs, and solutions.
- Analyze data trends and metrics to inform business decisions.
- Mediate and resolve employee relations issues; conduct thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
- Find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with legal requirements pertinent to the day-to-day management of employees; collaborate with the legal department when necessary.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources preferred.
- Maximum of 3 years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment. Membership of CIPM is mandatory.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
6th October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates who do not meet the above criteria and does not agree with the terms and condition need not apply.
- If you meet the above criteria please send your Curriculum Vitae not later than the deadline.