Canonical is a unique tech company – global, remote first, open source, with 650 professionals across 50 countries – our goal is to be the world’s best – not biggest – software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
Canonical and Ubuntu are at the forefront of cloud and IoT computing, helping customers master the challenge of operations on hybrid cloud, bare metal, and container-based systems. We’re recruiting people that love Linux, automation, operations, and are interested in cracking some of the world’s toughest technical problems at scale.
We’re interested in the technology, of course, but we’re also interested in the human mission of enabling and supporting many of the worlds brightest and hardest working people, passionate about open source which benefits millions, to live where they want and work from anywhere. All of these people could move to a tech hub and work for a FAANG but they choose Canonical because of our mission and our approach to the workplace.
Job Position: HR Generalist/HR Advisor
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time (Remote)
- Global remote HR creates a whole new set of challenges, and we want to blaze that trail. Structuring processes and policy that meet global standards and local law is vital. This is a global HR Generalist / HR Advisor role supporting HR initiatives, employees and managers in multiple regions. You will be a key support for your time zones and will partner with the wider HR and recruitment team to deliver a first class HR service to the business.
- As an HR Generalist you must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You’ll need excellent communication, professional and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to function in a proactive, innovative environment.
- This role is likely to be home-based, but we also have offices in London if you have a preference for office-based working.
- Partner with managers to provide employee relations advice and guidance on global policies and procedures.
- Provide HR guidance to colleagues through on-boarding, benefit administration, and off-boarding.
- Ensure a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in processing employee changes, joiners, and leavers.
- Lead data driven reporting to inform and influence HR strategic initiatives.
- Lead and participate in projects where you’ll see the impact of your work.
- Apply critical thinking to automate and reduce administrative tasks.
- Take a lead role in the management, development, and integration of our HR System across all of our HR processes, acting as a system expert and advocate for the global HR team.
- Work with internal resource groups to drive diversity and inclusion initiatives across the company.
- Create, update and maintain country-specific handbooks for corporate policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Finance to deliver monthly payroll, and on projects and enquiries.
Skills and experience
- Educated to degree level and CIPD qualified or working towards qualification.
- Good and developing knowledge and practical application of regional HR practices and employment laws.
- Able and motivated to learn in an international HR environment.
- Self-directed, organised, a problem solver, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritise and meet goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, sound judgement, tact and diplomacy in all communications.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality of assignments due to the exposure to sensitive information and contacts.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online