Rida National Plastic Limited – Established in 1957 as Engineering & Metal Industries Limited, a change of name to Rida National Plastic Limited in 1968 coincided with the installation of our first PVC Floor Tile Plant, making us West Africa’s first PVC Floor Tile manufacturer. We are now recognized as the largest broad spectrum plastics manufacturers, with key products across various market sectors such as furniture, a wide range of domestic products, water storage plastic tanks, plastic water pipes, electricity piping and conduits, flooring and various other specialty products. A board of Directors and staff of over 350 personnel run the company.
Job Position: HSE Officer
Job Location: Nigeria
- Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will provide support in all Health and Safety functions within the recycling unit of the organization.
- You will provide support to factory HODs, supervisors and factory staff to develop and execute health and safety plans that ensure that there is a prevalent culture of Health and Safety within the factories and the organization as a whole
In addition this role, will require you to do the following within the Recycling Unit:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
- Enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Advise on suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for employees
- Advise on various areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Revise and update all existing safety policies in line with required safety standards
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Prepare reports on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Analyzing / monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures while also keeping the management team informed.
- Organise regular talks & Lead in-house training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Conduct induction for all visitors, employees at the recycling unit and other outstation and new employees
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Perform other related duties as required.
4th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.