BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa. We are working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves. Our team of 900 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya.
Job Position: Human Resource Officer
Job Location: Kano, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Human Resource Officer who will assist with the day-to-day operations of the HR team.
- Onboarding process: the employee will Coordinate the onboarding process for all new employees of BURN including inducting them through all documentation (contracts, policies, rules, and procedures). For ex-pats, ensuring that there is a smooth transition to Kenya including the acquisition of entry visa, travel insurance, flight, and airport transfer to Burn house.
- Ensuring the new employees have the proper tools of work E.g Laptops, Desks, and Seats
- Plan and Coordinate Employee Welfare Activities ensuring all new employees are onboarded to BUMAC Welfare
- Coming up with employee handbooks for the various countries where BURN has set up an office.
- Reviewing company policies and training the employees on the changes.
- Collecting all documentation required for contract preparation from all new employees.
- Monitoring contract expiry date by managing the electronic employee data sheet and ensuring that employees do not work without valid contracts.
- Managing the staff medical allowance scheme. Ensuring that the claims presented are authentic and reimbursement is done.
- Dealing with any HR-related issues brought up by employees and escalating them to management where necessary.
- Participating in various appraisals meetings for employees and following up on manager appraisal feedback.
- Managing the filing for middle-level and top management employees.
- Performing correct exit process for all employees and contractors, ensuring that all documentation is signed off before exit, medical for factory employees exiting the company is done and all the items that belong to the company are returned in good condition.
- Coordinating the medical check-up for all employees.
- Keeping the training calendar updated and ensuring that training needs are well captured.
- Organizing for training and following up with NITA reimbursements.
- Assisting the Health officer with WIBA issues.
- Keeping on top of changes in Kenyan Labor Laws.
- Arranging any travel that BURN employees need to do, this could include hotel and transport bookings.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by your manager from time to time.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Management, or a relevant field with CHRP or a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Minimum two years experience in an HR Department
- basic working knowledge of Labor law and employment best practices
- Prior Experience in the Manufacturing industry
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified Female Candidates encouraged to Apply
- BURN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).