Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency/post – emergency programs in WASH/FSL sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
Job Position: Human Resources Assistant
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The HR Assistant assists and supports the HR Coordinator – Deputy in day to day managing general operational and administrative tasks in particularly recruitment and selection, contract management, payroll management, leave and attendance management, personnel management; HR reporting, etc.
Human Resources Administration:
- Participate and support the recruitment process (complete cycle) for national staff, and ensure respect of recruitment process
- Keep informed of all documents and developments associated with employment law, employment in general, and staff training
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are respected and understood at mission level
- Assist in the administrative and contractual management of personnel recruitment and hiring
- Organize, schedule and conduct the HR briefing and/or induction sessions
- Ensure that personnel files are kept up to date and deadlines respected (annual performance, contract amendments)
- Take the necessary steps with authorities if required (registering personnel, submitting documents)
- Consolidate the SI ID card needs and process accordingly.
Payroll, Tax and Social Contributions Management:
- Coordinate monthly salaries calculation and payroll processing for the whole mission in collaboration with bases and HR Coordinator – Deputy
- Update and check the monthly related HR databases and payroll variables
- Ensure the payslips signature and archiving
- Ensure the monthly submission of all social and legal contributions to finance department and pension providers each month.
- Ensure that staff personal files are kept up to date and archived according as per the proper guidelines; for the whole mission
- Ensure HR documents and files are ready in preparation for Audit
- Ensure hard and soft archiving, as well as ensuring the security of HR/administrative documents.
- Prepare the monthly HR reporting pack, check and consolidate for the whole mission and send it to HR Coordinator – Deputy
- Ensure the respect of the HR monthly calendar
- Report to each head of department on a weekly and monthly basis Human Resources related information about their respective teams.
- Update monthly the International Staff FU and prepare the HR shuttle for HQ before HR coordinator – Deputy’s validation.
Communication / Representation:
- Work closely with and support the Administrative Managers and assistants
- Ensure that relevant HR information are published on the information board
- Report to the HR Coo – Deputy any alerts concerning Solidarités International Staff and support the in the social dialogue.
- Ensure the HR data and information confidentiality.
- Professional experience: 2 years of relevant experience (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO
- Education: B.Sc in Finance, Economics, Business / Public Administration or related Degree
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa – Added Advantage)
- Good knowledge of archiving & file/record management.
- IT skills: Good knowledge in Homere, Excellent knowledge of MS Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, assertive, attentive to details, resistance to stress.
15th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select HR Assistant, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.