Ascentech Services Limited is a full-fledged Human Resource Solution Provider incorporated in 2013 with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria. We are committed to forging long-term partnerships with our clients by creating and delivering robust and flexible services that address the changing needs of their business.
Job Position: Head, Human Resources
Job Location: Benin, Edo
- He/ She would oversee all HR functions inclusive of organizational culture and design, leadership and capacity development, talent acquisition and retention that will deliver the right people to deliver the company’s goals and objectives
- Attracting and retaining the best talent in the industry
- Overseeing the recruitment and hiring process report on its performance
- Establish the human resource requirements of the organization in terms of recruiting, retention, and succession planning
- Responsible for overseeing professional reference checks and background checks to verify that candidates are eligible to work for the company
- Implement new sourcing methods
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs
- Participate in job fairs and career events
- Review and manage a highly functional compensation, appraisal, welfare & benefits structure that drives attracts, and retains high-performing talent
- Perform candidate and employee satisfaction evaluations and workshops
- Build the company’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges, and other partners
- Stay up to date on labor legislation and inform recruiters and managers about changes in regulations.
Training and Development:
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
- Responsible for launching employee development initiatives. This could entail additional on-the-job training, professional development programs, or educational opportunities that allow employees to grow and develop in their current roles or prepare them for career advancement within the organization
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing
- Hire and oversee training and L&D Specialists
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training)
- Share the company’s values, norms, and vision with employees familiarizing them with the overall ethics of the organization
- Identify any shortcomings within the organization and have the ability to address them effectively.
- Responsible for organizing team outings, community building, or recognition programs that can improve a healthy work environment
- Promote an open-door policy for communication.
- Create and act on responses from employee engagement surveys.
- Set up a reward and recognition program
- Provide guidance on Employee Relations matters and conduct investigations, as needed
- Bridge management and employee relations by swiftly addressing demands, grievances or other issues to drive positive and productive resolutions
- Ensure HR plans align with our mission and business objectives
- Develop Strategies, processes, collaborative, and efficient relationships with the executive team and hiring managers to create strategic organizational and talent solutions
- Be the advisor and business partner to the other executive and senior leaders to drive lasting, transformative change across the organization
- Responsible for Performance Management System based on leading practices with the aim to provide fair and transparent performance management across units
- Provide support to line managers in applying the Performance Management System should they face challenges with the implementation
- Develop tools and support material to help employees and their line managers in their appraisal process
- Resolve problems related to appraisals, such as employee requests for re-evaluation, and ensure that these issues are handled in a fair, professional, and transparent way
- Collect and analyze performance appraisal results across units.
- University Degree.
- Certifications like PHR, SPHR, CIPM, MBA is a plus.
- 8 -12 years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Office packages & ERP systems (Knowledge of Navision& SharePoint will be an added advantage).
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Hands-on experience with HR software
- Good understanding of labour laws and legislation
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Planning & Organizing Skills
- Execution& Delegation Skills
- Decision Making
- Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team spirit
- Operational management
- Strategic Planning
- Proficiency in CRM software.
- Analytical Skill.
18th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.