PepsiCo – In 1965, Donald Kendall, the CEO of Pepsi-Cola, and Herman Lay, the CEO of Frito-Lay, recognized what they called “a marriage made in heaven,” a single company delivering perfectly-salty snacks served alongside the best cola on earth. Their vision led to what quickly became one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies: PepsiCo. Our company is made up of seven divisions: PepsiCo Beverages North America; Frito-Lay North America; Quaker Foods North America; Latin America; Europe; Africa, Middle East and South Asia; and Asia Pacific, Australia/New Zealand and China. Each of these divisions has its own unique history and way of doing business.
Job Position: Human Resources (HR) Lead
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
What we’re looking for:
- Lead and drive the people agenda within the organization as an integral part of the business agenda. Provide both transformational advice and transactional support on change initiatives, employee relations, talent and performance management, organizational learning and development, compensation/reward optimization, talent acquisition, workforce planning, diversity, business diagnostics, productivity analyses, HR information and analysis, retention and engagement, employee communication, and HR programs and services.
- Contribute to designing and implementing HR strategies to align with business objectives.
- Challenge the shape and structure of functions based on internal / external benchmarking and propose new organizational structure to ensure efficiency.
- Identify strategic people issues in partnership with key stakeholders and support them with advice and expertise to resolve these matters.
- Support business with disciplinary/grievances/complaints and other employee issues.
- Continuously diagnose organizational needs and recommend appropriate programs and initiatives. Monitors the effectiveness of the programs and takes action to ensure that key objectives and overall goals are met.
- Educate line managers and employees and ensure compliance with talent & leadership development practices. Support line managers in managing their team career development by educating them on career paths. Identify risk in succession planning and propose solutions (development, recruitment, etc.).
- Engage and communicate with key stakeholders on organisational change, support in dealing with uncertainty and ambiguity and contribute to ensure appropriate cascading.
- Drive flawless execution of core HR processes (e.g., PMP), and drive a strong compliance outcome.
- Drive culture and change management process across the organization (participate in facilitation of Health Survey processes and action plans).
- Build strong and trusting relationships and communication channels within the business and HR community.
- Contribute to manage the PPP at end market level, to submit inputs to execute outcomes.
- Leverage relationships with external institutions / suppliers to access top local talent.
- Driving an ongoing process of innovation by identifying opportunities for the improvement of HR processes.
- Effectively manage HR budget. Responsible for end to end Annual Operational Planning processes for the Market.
- Drive sound employee relationships, mitigate and manage labour risk.
- Partnering with Co-Manufacturing partners to deliver the Nigeria BU priorities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Key business indicators (turnover, succession, organisational effectiveness, etc.)
- Understanding of key business challenges and ability to identify opportunities where the HR function can make a difference.
- Recognized as a source of expert HR advice and support to the functions.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Completed Tertiary Qualification
- Proven and credible HR business partnering experience at senior business leader level.
- Strong knowledge of HR (best) practices
- Experienced in a matrixed environment.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal influencing skills
- Agile, inquisitive approach focused on continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 8 -10 year’s working experience in HR, preferable in matrixed FMCG environment
- Differentiating Competencies Required
- Demonstrates strong leadership.
- Excellent in building relationships and networks both in HR and business communities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online