Gokada is the future of transportation in Nigeria starting with two-wheeler taxi-motor bikes (Okada’s) ride-hailing. We are staying true to two things as a transportation company: safety is #1 priority and the city is #1 customer. Our vision is to become the Operating System of cities for mobility, on-demand services, and financial services, by driving social and economic inclusion. Our purpose is: how can we make cities more livable?
Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing very rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are seeking to hire a Human Resources Manager who will be a go-to person for all employee-related issues. Human Resources Manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training & development and talent management
- The Human Resources Manager will report directly to the CEO of the company, People are our most important asset and you will be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture.
- Partners with the management team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Providing the necessary support systems for payroll requirements
- Developing adequate learning and development programs effective to fill the skill gaps of staff.
- Supporting employee opportunities for professional development
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Assisting with the performance management and review process
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Ability to think strategically and creatively with an innovative mindset that is constantly looking for ways to improve things.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative and flexible work style.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- A very good communicator. Strong presentation, listening, written and verbal skills.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online