VisionSpring is creating access to affordable eyewear, everywhere. Clear vision creates opportunities for increased learning, work, safety, civic participation, and quality of life. As a social enterprise, social change motivates us first. Our focus on sales and revenue targets serves and advances our mission objective – to increase functioning, productivity, and income-earning potential for our low-income consumers by correcting refractive error and presbyopia with eyeglasses. We are working to transform the systemic dysfunction of an optical market that has failed to deliver eyeglasses – a 700-year-old technology – to 2.7 billion consumers in need of vision correction, most of whom live on less than $4 a day.
We serve low-income consumers, not as beneficiaries but as customers. Our customers expect a high-quality and affordable product, and they will spend limited discretionary income for the immediate and tangible benefits of vision correction. By selling eyeglasses, we awaken new demand and seed a viable market. By selling new eyeglasses we are able to serve four times as many people per dollar input than the alternative of donating recycled ones. To efficiently scale, we must deliver each new unit at a lower cost. We run our business on both sales metrics and social impact measures. We use a range of organizational forms and practices to get the job done. We believe in scaling our impact, not our organization. We are a lean team of doers.
Job Position: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- Are you an exceptionally talented, driven HR person looking to join an organization that is making a difference in our global societies?
- The pioneering social enterprise, VisionSpring, seeks a skilled and versatile HR & Administration Manager to provide day-to-day HR support in the implementation of human resource policies, and procedures, and ensure smooth office operations in the VisionSpring Nigeria office. You will provide a full HR employee life-cycle service to all African employees/contractors as the first point of contact for all HR inquiries.
- This position reports to the Global HR Director based in the United States and to Africa Region Director based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- You know how to include people and make them feel a part of a broader purpose. You are instinctively drawn to people with diverse experiences and skills and recognize the attributes that come together to form a powerful team.
- You are convinced about the power of culture and believe that culture eats strategy for breakfast.
- You have a vivid vision for organisational structure. In a high growth environment, you are planning talent acquisition, team and career development, and training at least a year ahead.
- You are fueled by helping people learn, stretch, and excel. You are a leader who brings out the best in others by creating leadership and opportunities at all levels.
- You are passionate about diversity and inclusion in the organisation and are a stickler for ethics and values.
- Staff well-being, welfare, and engagement comes naturally to you.
- You have experience with global best practices and understand how matrix structures come to life.
- You will have managed a change management process and demonstrated effective ways to enable your workforce to adapt to new ways of working.
- You have strong knowledge of payroll and HR-related statutory compliances.
- You believe that technology and processes are great enablers to create efficiencies and improve productivity.
- You are a master administrator.
- Develop the key HR strategy for the African market to help it with its journey of continued growth.
- Work with the global HR team members to establish and maintain the African countries’ Local Employee Handbook per local labor standards and Global HR standards.
- Full responsibility to ensure contracts for our consultants are renewed on a timely basis and all required paperwork is maintained.
- Respond to general queries from managers and employees, signposting them to the appropriate policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Global HR staff to ensure global HR policies are adhered to.
- Maintain local HR data in our Paylocity system for Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia
- Train department Heads and team members on the performance management system and ensure annual performance appraisals are completed in line with the Global performance appraisal schedule.
- Support the Global HR Director with the development and implementation of projects as required.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of information relating to VisionSpring and its staff and maintain compliance.
- Liaise with the Global Learning and Developing department to organize training for the African team members per their training needs.
- Adhere to Company Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy at all times.
- Develop a strong recruitment brand to attract the brightest talent to the organisation.
- Assist in the recruitment efforts across the region and strengthen VisionSpring’s career opportunities exposure in the local markets.
- Ensure consistent on-boarding and orientation experience for new hires, including development of the training center.
- Ensure timely payroll processing and attendance and leave management.
- Ensure insurance coverage of staff and settlement of insurance claims.
- Manage all staff documentation and entry and exit formalities.
- Implement processes for compliance with local regulations and VisionSpring policies and ensure that all HR-related compliances are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure regular updating of existing policies and processes and the introduction of new ones.
- Be responsible for the upkeep and updating of the HRMS.
- Manage day-to-day administration, upkeep, and management of the organisation’s facilities and ensure all the needs of the staff are promptly met.
- Oversee all administrative responsibilities in the office, compliance, VisionSpring policies and procedures, and other legal, and statutory requirements.
- Provide additional support to Africa Region Director, and African Country’s Team as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources and Administration. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
- 7-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous HR management experience is a must.
- Have experience with HR budgets.
- Thorough understanding of the African country’s labor and employment laws where we have presence.
- Good computer skills in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good organization and interpersonal skills with the ability to function in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Flexible, resourceful, and able to perform despite tight schedules.
- Has a strong stakeholder focus and service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, teamwork abilities, and ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Experience analyzing, collecting, and managing data.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, a good problem-solver, good-humored, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably, to a high standard and to deadlines.
- Salary is based on experience and education.
- Annual performance-based bonus.
- VisionSpring offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, gratuity funds, and generous vacation/personal time.
2nd October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online