Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervene in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development-related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems, globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
Job Position: Technical Advisor, Humanitarian Aid
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Technical Advisor, Humanitarian Aid will be primarily responsible for supporting team members in the development of quality proposals and bids.
- S/he will also work in close collaboration with the other units in Idmibok International and support coordination with the humanitarian community (government and other stakeholders) to ensure efficient flow of information, effective coordination, advocacy, and reporting.
- This position may subsequently grow to encompass direct management of projects.
- Support the development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing and interdepartmental coordination with Program, HR, Operations, Grants, and Finance team for proposal development.
- Support new business efforts in sourcing for and responding to RFPs, E.O.Is, grants, and other funding opportunities
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large-scale or strategic funding opportunities.
- Register organization on major Partner/NGO/CSO forums, coalitions, and networks, and ensure active participation and involvement.
- Lead activities to increase the visibility of the organization’s humanitarian response activities.
- Review and provide advice on policy issues related to safeguarding humanitarian principles and ensuring the effective delivery of humanitarian assistance.
- Provide professional developmental opportunities for junior program staff.
- Evaluate the performance of supervisee(s) and provide constructive feedback and proactive leadership.
- Serve as the primary interface for the organization and local staff to implement projects.
- Achieve project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and donor satisfaction
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationships with field staff, supervisees, consultants at large, and other departments within 360HSDC.
- Contribute to and inform program design, knowledge of tools towards implementation of projects, knowledge management and thought leadership, and collection of resources.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team to design and determine indicators, ensure that the field has the tools to monitor progress made towards indicators, periodically check in with the field team on data collection and progress toward meeting objectives, and share experience with regional teams
- Travel to field offices to monitor project activities
- Support Human Resources to source and recruit critical talent
- Support design, review/selection, and implementation of sub-awards, including review of quarterly narrative and financial reports, as well as processing invoices.
- Ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports, annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, and other programmatic reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, International Development, Development Studies, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations, or a relevant field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related areas is required.
- 3 years’ experience in writing and development of proposals. Must be able to appropriately review proposals to ensure it is well synthesized and cohesive.
- Experience with program management, project design, and business development.
- Good planning and organisational skills to work on concurrent projects and deliver within timescales agreed thereby demonstrating working to deadlines.
- Ability to build networks, partnerships, and capacity to collaboratively work in a team.
- Knowledge of political contexts in multiple African countries preferred.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- May require travel to community sites and meetings.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
6th February, 2024.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Technical Advisor: Humanitarian Aid” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.