Globaltech is a friendly world class company offering innovative and cost-effective solutions to start-up, small and medium scale businesses in the following areas: Online Advertising, Internet Marketing, Graphic Design/Printing, Web design and Web development.
Job Position: ICT & Computing Instructor
Location: Igando / Ikotun, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching and Learning:
- Plan, prepare and deliver outstanding lessons to provide students with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Ensure that lessons are engaging and stimulating taking into account individual needs of the students.
- Manage, develop and share resources to enhance teaching of ICT and Computing.
- Contribute to objectives of the curriculum area within the school objectives and take part in an annual review of the subject and curriculum area.
- Prepare lesson plans and schemes of work as agreed with the Director of study.
- Monitor the progress and achievement of the students following the course and identify the appropriate intervention strategies for underachieving students.
- Maintain effective behaviour management in classroom using positive behaviour strategies to ensure learner’s engagement in the lesson.
- Assess appropriately the work of the students following the course in accordance with the school assessment policy
- Keep records of students’ progress and achievement and set appropriate targets.
- Responsibilities specific to Controlled Assessment
- To be responsible for selecting controlled assessment task and then develop this into an overarching hypothesis or enquiry question.
- To create the necessary support materials for task.
- To lead in-house moderation of task.
- Participate in relevant meetings with colleagues, parents and be involved in links with external agencies as part of curriculum enrichment.
- Carry out the role of a form tutor.
- Fulfil the administration and assessment requirements of the examining body.
- Support other members of the curriculum area and students as appropriate.
- Review your own professional development and maintain professional standards.
- Carry out any other such duties as the post holder may reasonably be required to do.
- To follow the school’s policy in respect of safeguarding and student protection and ensure the health and safety of the students.
- These duties may be varied at the reasonable discretion of the Director of studies.
- Sustained outstanding attainment in ICT and Computing across all programs
- Sustained outstanding teaching and learning in ICT and Computing across all programs
- Sustained outstanding assessment in all programs
- Sustained outstanding behaviour for learning
- Promoting safeguarding of all students and equality of opportunity for all students and staff
- Maintaining professional standards
- Promoting the institute’s ethos and vision.
- NCE or ND or Relevant Professional certificate.
- 2 – 4 years work experience.
- Enthusiasm and passion for ICT and the ability to convey this to students
- A reflective practitioner; ability to self-appraise and manage continuous professional self-development
- A Knowledge of Ms word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Social Media Marketing.
15th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “ICT Instructor” as the subject of the email.
- Applicants must reside within Ikotun / Igando area.
- This Institute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- An enhanced criminal record check will be carried out prior to confirming an offer of appointment.