The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
Job Position: ICT Support Officer
Job Location: Kano
- Install and ensure proper functioning of voice network (IP PBX).
- Monitor internet system operation to detect potential problems.
- Install, upgrade and maintain all LAN items, support LANs &WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems.
- Maintain system efficiency and ensure design of system and allow all its components to work properly.
- Configure and install system and set up new users.
- Set up projectors, printers, photocopiers, digital cameras, etc for everyday office use and as necessary for meetings.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with mobile subscription and IP phone.
- Ensure satellite phone are working and SIM cards are activated at all times.
- Ensure good asset management of ICT equipment’s at the offices and update asset register and inventory tracking system with the Logistics and Administrative Officer.
- Set up/configure new user E-mail.
- Install antivirus and maintain its upgrade with staff.
- Ensure availability of LAN for all offices, determine platform, interface and bandwidth needs.
- Install and troubleshoot all hardware problems following designs or installation specification and resolve IT issues for staff remotely and on Mac, Windows and Linux OS.
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff and record all asset movements and disposal of ICT equipment;
- Make recommendations for future upgrades of network systems, equipment/gadget.
- Maintain network management platform and ensure LAN security integrity and system security ensuring frequent software updates, antivirus update and patches.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have good knowledge of software handling.
- Have ability to handle minor hardware repairs.
- Have good knowledge of LANs and WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
8th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.